Sun Ra on Impulse!

Late

I was rereading the liner notes to Pathways To Unknown Worlds, and noticed that there are three Saturn albums, intended for release on Impulse!, that were never issued — Across The Border of Time, Flight To Mars, and Tone Poem. I'm a little confused. Were these ever on vinyl? I'm guessing yes — that they were on Saturn, but not Impulse? Has anyone here heard them?

What exactly is the deal with Ra on Impulse? It seems that soon after Astro Black was issued on Impulse, Ra's contract (or agreement) with the label was yanked, and all his Impulse records were consigned to the cut-out bin. True?

Edited by Late

look, look i can go into more detail about this but i am beyond compreshension upset and mad and sad and angry and scared and nervous i might mess up a fact of two, always feel free to correct chewy on digscographical errors, anyhoo, this was an interesting time for sun ra his rechknozition (sic) level was had already been for some time reaching people who may have no crossed paths w/ sun previously, ie there was a famous rolling stone mag cover story, concerts on bills at festivals in america w/ rock bands (isnt that right?), and so this was a major label deal, to distribute saturn records under the mca/impluse! banner, kind of a big move. the MAIN POINT you need to know is: this deal was supposed to be like quadruple the albums that actually were released..........other saturn titles n stuff....never happened,-- a crime against humanity, but true, ----now test pressings do exist of some, but only like 10% of the original plan was actually released. i would love it if someone knew all the titles here, i dont know anymore, but yea. mca impluse. i mean really. i WOULD like to know more info about this event myself, its really an interesting momement in Sun-History