JLH reissue plans

jonathanhorwich

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Vijay Iyer cover "Dogon A.D." at a recent concert. I may have been the only person who recognized it!

It is also on his recent trio recording.

It is on his second-most recent trio CD -- Historicity. But thanks for the head's up, since I went looking but didn't realize that Vijay has a brand new trio recording called Tirtha, which I plan on getting tonight.

Edited by ejp626

Heard Vijay Iyer cover "Dogon A.D." at a recent concert. I may have been the only person who recognized it!

It is on his second-most recent trio CD -- Historicity. But thanks for the head's up, since I went looking but didn't realize that Vijay has a brand new trio recording called Tirtha, which I plan on getting tonight.

I forgot about the recent release, which I have not heard.

Tirtha is quite good.

or saw it. :ph34r:

House was packed, my friend.

BTW does Von still do his Tuesday night gig at the New Apartment? I'm coming back to Chicago in June.

The club has been closed for renovations. Not sure when it will reopen.

Stay in touch.

I was at the New Apartment last June when the regulars were talking about Fred Anderson being in the hospital. The night he died (although I didn't know it) i was at a nearly empty Velvet Lounge. :(

Edited by Hoppy T. Frog

Hemphill covered it all the time himself. It's on a trio CD with Wadud and Joe Bonadio on Music&Arts. The title tune is catchy, but for those who have never heard the album both RItes and The Painter are even, IMO, better. So let's get this straight, the new version will include The Hard Blues? What about the other Mbari releases, particularly Blue Boye which is a personal favorite.

For those who asked when Dogon A.D. will come out, it will be this year without question. I just received the mock ups of the cover from Japan and it looks wonderful. Same treatment as Bill Dixon's Intents and Purposes. So things are moving along very nicely. Next is the sound of the music which is the most important item of all and and will receive the most care and attention.

For those who asked when Dogon A.D. will come out, it will be this year without question. I just received the mock ups of the cover from Japan and it looks wonderful. Same treatment as Bill Dixon's Intents and Purposes. So things are moving along very nicely. Next is the sound of the music which is the most important item of all and and will receive the most care and attention.

Glad to hear everything's moving along smoothly.

BTW how are sales doing for "Intents and Purposes"?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So glad this is coming out on CD! A few years ago, when I was writing an article about Hemphill's music, I had a hard time finding a copy of "Dogon A.D." Thankfully, a kind organissimo forums member came to my rescue!

Here's the article: http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2007/10/14/celebrating_his_joy_of_the_sax/

Once again, let me remind you that the headlines of articles are written by the copy editors, not the writers.