What are you thinking now?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coincidentally, I'm drinking a Dewar's right now. "I'm thinking" I should probably cut back a bit... but that hasn't done much good yet, at least not tonight.

I'm also thinking I'm in love with Margo Timmins. Her aging (along with the rest of us) has made her even more beautiful.

Bread And Wine

Isn't It a Pity

These two thoughts are not necessarily related! :D

I don't have to think about how self-indulgent I am, I know that I can and will be very self-indulgent. Perhaps Chuck is hinting at that, well I already had that message. Perhaps this tread is a sign or part of that, perhaps not.

I'm thinking this morning about how grief is a long and slow process with no finite end. And how part of me wants to cling to the remaining steps of the process, doesn't want to be fully through. That's why I have several rooms full of things that I find it hard to clear and clean out. I know I must. But I postpone and prolong.

Which all makes me think of the fragility of our existence, and how every minute can be precious. Which makes me want to invest in every hour, to have the environment that I want with the most important person and persons. That poses a difficulty for me as the most important persons are in two camps, 1400 miles apart. And I'm in a separate camp, not set up as I'd like it. Thinking and fretting over silly things are taking the place of more important things in my life, little privacy and security issues: I'm not sleeping as well because my bedroom door has to be closed, I'm not seeing someone as much as I'd like to because of privacy issues, I'm not looking for a job because I'm afraid I may have to spend months out of town in the near future. I've been thinking about how I let myself be trapped in between decisions and actions and how silly it is.

I've just been thinking about how I come up against that wall and how to break through it. If this follows my usual course, I'll find a way soon, I'm in the process, I think.

I think. :)

Okay, thanks for letting me indulge in that.

Edited by jazzbo

I'm thinking about why Jerry Garcia's voice died about 15 years before he did.

So you're thinking of heroin and other chemical dependencies? :)

It's a real shame. His was such a stunning intellect. He had real insight beyond the veil of the ordinary and routine.

it's late . . .

That made me think of a favorite Robert Crumb panel, a self-portrait of the artist in full-blown anxiety with the thought balloon "On no! It might already be too late!"

It's funny, for several reasons I now look forward to Monday in a way I used to look forward to Saturday and the weekend!

I'm thinking that my memory is pretty good still, because I can remember when traffic wasn't awful in Austin!

Edited by jazzbo

Looking out my office window, I'm thinking, why is Dallas spending millions of dollars to erect and construct a single white arch (with interlocking cables), perched atop a "bridge" which looks just like any other typical freeway overpass or bridge, across the Trinity "River" which most of the time resembles an anemic creek, all leading toward an apparent nowhere part of town?