What are you thinking now?

Thinking about truly individual, distinct jazz players who have both a unique sound and a fresh concept (or two, or three. . .)

For example, I'm thinking of how distinctly individual Bill Evans, Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk, and Lester Young were. Just four examples. It's amazing to "realize" oneself this way. I don't have it in me, though there was a time (not now) I wished I did.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking I'm a combination of sad and mad about the Bulls' collapse in the 4th last night. However, this affects my wife far more than me. I am kind of cerebral about it, whereas she really takes it to heart.

On the other hand, I am excited (mixed with a bit of trepidation) about finally landing this job offer in Vancouver, BC. It looks like a very good match for me, and I plan on taking it, even though this will disrupt my family life, to say nothing of the fact that I'll be moving again in a very short space of time (hence selling off most of my CDs...).

Thinking about how happy I am that a friend's first meeting with someone from an online dating service went fairly well. She wasn't his type, which is okay. At least he didn't feel insecure.

I'm thinking I'm a combination of sad and mad about the Bulls' collapse in the 4th last night. However, this affects my wife far more than me. I am kind of cerebral about it, whereas she really takes it to heart.

On the other hand, I am excited (mixed with a bit of trepidation) about finally landing this job offer in Vancouver, BC. It looks like a very good match for me, and I plan on taking it, even though this will disrupt my family life, to say nothing of the fact that I'll be moving again in a very short space of time (hence selling off most of my CDs...).

Congratulations are in order re: the job offer. I can remember back to 1997 when I was last offered an exciting job offer. I felt on top of the world!

On the other hand, I am excited (mixed with a bit of trepidation) about finally landing this job offer in Vancouver, BC.

Congratulations are in order re: the job offer. I can remember back to 1997 when I was last offered an exciting job offer. I felt on top of the world!

Thanks. I have been feeling low for a long time. It has been a very brutal job market, particularly in my sector. To feel that you have options again is such a morale-booster.

Homesick, sad, lonely, broke, frustrated, confused, scared, angry, disgusted, deflated...all at the same time.

Hope you feel much better soon.

one minute, hour, day, week at a time. It's like jogging through Jello, but I'll get there eventually.

Thinking about waking up tomorrow and hearing some of the best music I'll hear all day - the sound of birds singing in the trees outside our bedroom window. And it won't cost me anything more than waking up and listening.

When she could my late wife would lie in bed for hours listening to the birds which sang in our backyard, which we kept intentionally overgrown and wild for that purpose. I miss the overgrown nature which is now gone, a lot; it reminded me of her in peaceful moments.

I want to vanish.

I want to morph into the butterfly, I've been the caterpillar my entire life.

I want to change my name, identity, sever all ties, restart my life from scratch.

I want to stop being the embarrassment and burden of my family.

I want to get the fuck out and go somewhere where nobody knows me.

I want to live somewhere where I'm WANTED, not somewhere where I'm TOLERATED.

I want to either achieve my dreams, or die. No "settling" for a life of perceived comfort that's all a sham.

I want the psychiatric profession to be exposed for the Charlatans they are.

I want organized religion to go down burning.

I want to solve the Mid East Peace Crisis...kick everyone out of that Jerusalem, nuke the entire area from space. No land, nothing to fight over.

I want to tax ALL FUCKING CHURCHES.

I want a world that I want to be a part of.

This one ain't it.

Okay! Make it happen!

I'm thinking that it's going to be a long hot summer. But the crispness of fall, when it finally gets here, will be awesome.

And I'm also thinking I have a great stereo system and I'm glad I trust the ears that helped build it.

Thinking that the days of shelling out for costly watches has come to end and with the advent of the cheap throw away type.

Case in point, my watch has rusty mechanisms, repair cost would be $150.

My shiny new timepiece was just $1.29. Brave new world.

I'm definitely in a poor frame of mind since I threw my back out, lower and more painful than ever before. I actually broke down and visited a chiropractor. I'm willing to put up with the quackery-side of it (all the acupuncture charts lying about) to get this straightened out.

I'm also thinking that I have to go back to work tomorrow, pain or no pain. Damn.

On the more positive side of things, the other day I walked out of Dusty Groove with more money than when I went in. That's only the second or third time that's happened for me. Should be happening a lot more in the near future...

I'm hoping I didn't bother the neighbors by crying hysterically on the front porch for damn near an hour. I know I freaked out my cat, she's still hiding from me.

Seems like a lot of cries for help lately. Hope that someone near you can give you that help and that you'll be able to help yourself.