Consolidated listings

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still working my way through several boxes. Many more Blue Note and OJCs to come, particularly Teddy Edwards, Jimmy Heath and Arnett Cobb. I'll probably be consolidating the lists soon, dropping some prices and moving more to last chance by the weekend.

For the most part, I'm not looking for trades, but there are a couple of CDs that I have some interest in:

Bud Shank Fascinating Rhythms (2009)

Charles Mingus Jazzical Moods (OJC, 1995)

Oddly, I don't think I've ever heard this Mingus.

New listings 6/15/2011:

HOLD 4 Kenny Dorham Blues in Bebop (Savoy)

HOLD 12 Teddy Edwards Out of This World (Steeplechase)

HOLD 8 Duke Ellington Live at the Blue Note (Roulette) 2 CDs

HOLD 5 Duke Ellington Afro-Eurasaian Eclipse (OJC-Fantasy)

HOLD 4 Duke Ellington New Orleans Suite (Atlantic)

HOLD 4 Frank Foster Well Water (Piadrum) hole in UPC

HOLD 8 Dexter Gordon American Classic (Discovery)

HOLD 4 Johnny Griffin The Big Soul-Band (OJC-Riverside)

Moved to Last Chance

Edited by ejp626

PM sent on

6 Buddy Collette-Chico Hamilton Sextet Tanganyika (VSOP #20/Tampa #34)

8 Duke Ellington Live at the Blue Note (Roulette) 2 CDs

4 Duke Ellington New Orleans Suite (Atlantic)

4 Frank Foster Well Water (Piadrum) hole in UPC

8 Dexter Gordon American Classic (Discovery)

PM sent on the following (assuming still available, I picked from every list!):

5 Earl Hines Once Upon a Time (Impulse)

4 John Coltrane The Bethlehem Years (Bethlehem) 2 CDs, minor scuff on CD1

7 Chico Hamilton Man from Two Worlds Impulse

5 Hank Mobley Reach Out (BN)

4 Ron Carter New York Slick (OJC-Milestone) light scratches not affecting play

5 Roy Haynes Just Us (OJC-Prestige)

6 Roy Haynes We Three (RVG Remaster)

4 Duke Ellington New Orleans Suite (Atlantic)

Edited by Big Al

Thanks for the orders! I'll be settling up today and tomorrow for most orders. Then I'll be away for a few days but hope to have another long list over the weekend (broke down and got a UPC scanner, which gives you some idea how many more are left to process!).

New listings (6/20/2011):

HOLD 15 Teddy Edwards-Howard McGhee Together Again (OJC-Contemporary)

HOLD 7 Teddy Edwards Heart and Soul (OJC-Contemporary)

HOLD 7 Teddy Edwards Good Gravy (OJC-Contemporary)

HOLD 8 Teddy Edwards Nothin But the Truth (OJC-Prestige)

HOLD Booker Ervin The Book Cooks (Bethlehem)

HOLD 22 Jimmy Forrest Most Much (OJC-Prestige)

HOLD 12 Jimmy Heath The Quota (OJC-Riverside)

HOLD 6 Jimmy Heath On the Trail (OJC-Riverside)

HOLD 6 Jimmy Heath Triple Threat (OJC-Riverside) light scratches not affecting play

HOLD 5 Jimmy Heath Really Big (OJC-Riverside) Keepnews Collection

HOLD 5 Freddie Hubbard Hub Cap (BN)

HOLD 6 Harold Land In New York (OJC-Jazzland)

Rest consolidated

Edited by ejp626

no idea how large your collection is/was but i'd definitely be intereted in seeing a list of what you're keeping !

More than I should... ^_^

I'm not super big on lists of CD collections, but maybe I will post it on a blog somewhere (now that I have my UPC scanner!).

Briefly, I am keeping nearly all my classical CDs, particularly the Living Stereo Box, the Bernstein symphonies box, that Glenn Gould OJC collection, a few other OJC and EMI collections, some of the new RCA slimline sets (like Leinsdorf conducting Prokofiev) and the Kronos Quartet 25 year anniversary box. I am keeping most of my world music collection, which is focused on African music. I'm getting rid of almost all the rock/pop except for my New Wave collection and the Beatles.

As far as jazz, I'm keeping a core of mostly bop/hardbop centered on Blue Note recordings, along with most of Andrew Hill records, Coltrane's classic quartet on Impulse, Miles Davis on Prestige and Columbia, and pretty much everything put out by Monk or Mingus. So I'll be left with kind of a traditional collection with a few oddball choices that still grab me.

Consolidated list from past 3 weeks (basically everything except the Last Chance and most recent two lists). Scattered price drops throughout. Virtually everything has been mailed out, except for a few things on hold. Thanks so much! I won't be checking PMs quite as frequently until the weekend when I hope to have a truly massive listing.

HOLD 5 Ornette Coleman Skies of America (Columbia)

HOLD 10 John Coltrane Live in Seattle (Impulse) 2 CDs, light scratch on CD2

HOLD 5 Walt Dickerson To My Queen

HOLD 8 Bobby Hutcherson Un Poco Loco (Koch) sawcut in spine

HOLD 5 Marty Paich The Broadway Bit/I Get a Boot out of You (Collectors Choice) Holepunch in UPC - sticker residue on front case (not artwork) can replace if desired

HOLD 5 Oscar Peterson Trio at the Concertgebouw

HOLD 9 McCoy Tyner Asante (BN)

HOLD 9 Larry Young Of Love and Peace

Edited by ejp626

I'll probably pull together all the box sets into one place. For now, this is what I can recall.

At the moment, I have the following Mosaic Selects

$30 Andrew Hill solo

HOLD $30 Johnny Richards

HOLD $35 Art Pepper Select

$20 Art Pepper Hollywood All-star Sessions (played once)

$40 Dexter Gordon Live at the Montmartre Jazzhus (3 Black Lion CDs - Dexter in Copenhagen, 1967)

Edited by ejp626

I'll probably pull together all the box sets into one place. For now, this is what I can recall.

At the moment, I have the following Mosaic Selects

$30 Andrew Hill solo

$30 Johnny Richards

$35 Art Pepper Select

$20 Art Pepper Hollywood All-star Sessions (played once)

$40 Dexter Gordon Live at the Montmartre Jazzhus (3 Black Lion CDs - Dexter in Copenhagen, 1967)

PM

I thought I bought the Hamilton MAN FROM TWO WORLDS. Or did you have two copies?

In any event, SOMEONE should grab those Heath OJCs. I would, but I already have 'em. Small group playing at its finest and at prices that can't be beat!

Sorry - another inventory slip. I'll go fix that. The Chico is on its way to you.

Yes, most of the Heath's are still available and even a few Teddy Edwards still.

...SOMEONE should grab those Heath OJCs...

Never underestimate the power of suggestion. PM coming w/question on:

6 Jimmy Heath Triple Threat (OJC-Riverside) light scratches not affecting play

5 Jimmy Heath Really Big (OJC-Riverside) Keepnews Collection

12 Jimmy Heath The Quota (OJC-Riverside)

Edited by riverrat

Ok, this is more of a taster, but I will be out much of the afternoon, and I said some things will be listed this weekend. As before, 3+ CDs gets you free shipping to the US. 5+ gets 10% off the order. If a CD is marked with a *, then it is free with one other CD purchase (but does not count towards the 3 or 5 totals).

And for a total tease, in the next post, I will put down all the UPCs I am working through. While there is still some efficiency, I still need to check condition (and price them) to avoid problems down the road. As ever, thanks for looking!

HOLD 7 Eric Alexander Prime Time (W/Dvd) (High Note) very light scratch towards outside of playing area, not affecting play; DVD looks mint

HOLD 6 Clarke-Boland Big Band All Smiles CD in very good condition with liner notes; however the mini-LP slipcase is not included.

HOLD 6 Clarke-Boland Big Band More Smiles CD in very good condition with liner notes; however the mini-LP slipcase is not included.

HOLD 8 Harold Mabern The Leading Man (Sony) This has 10 tracks with nearly all of the DIW version of Leading Man, along with several tracks from Lookin on the Bright Side. Hole in UPC.

HOLD 8 Sonny Rollins & The Big Brass (Verve) digipack -- glue holding CD tray in place slipping and tray starting to come loose

HOLD 9 Archie Shepp Live in San Francisco (Impulse) digipack Sticker residue on digipack; mark through UPC

HOLD 4 McCoy Tyner Reaching Fourth (Impulse) minor marks on CD not affecting play

Consolidated

Edited by ejp626

So these are on the way over the next few days for the true shopaholics who want a leg-up on the sale :P :

Ok, I'm still working away at these. More soon!

Edited by ejp626