Bargain DVD boxes

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this more for the CD-R thread, but apparently quite a few of these old series (Gildersleeve and the old mysteries, Philo Vance, Nick Carter, etc.) are badly burned DVD-Rs that Amazon is producing themselves. So buyer beware...

I guess this more for the CD-R thread, but apparently quite a few of these old series (Gildersleeve and the old mysteries, Philo Vance, Nick Carter, etc.) are badly burned DVD-Rs that Amazon is producing themselves. So buyer beware...

I've bought two series from amazon that were on DVD-R (Crash Season 2 and The Killing Season 2) and they were expertly burned and I have no complaints as far as that goes.

I've bought two series from amazon that were on DVD-R (Crash Season 2 and The Killing Season 2) and they were expertly burned and I have no complaints as far as that goes.

Most people don't have terrible trouble with them, but some do. I definitely pause a bit at paying DVD prices for a DVD-R (a bit more ok with it at bargain prices).

No question there are plenty of people on this board who don't want anything to do with CD-Rs, so I just thought I would mention it is something they should check on if it matters to them.

Don't know if this qualifies as a "box," but Amazon has "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset" together for $7.98. I've loved Before Sunrise since I saw it way back when, and can't wait to see Before Sunset, esp. since the third movie, "Before Midnight," has just hit the theatres.

81F7zboKIwL._SL1500_.jpg