Shawn in LA this weekend

The Shawn train pulls out of the Austin station tomorrow evening...as soon as the "Texas death ray" goes down. smile.gif

I should be there sometime late Friday night or early Saturday morning. I'll be hustling around scaring up a room over the weekend, then hitting the pavement first thing next week to find some freelance audio gigs.

I'll probably be focusing primarily on the North Hollywood area for lodging. Have gotten a few responses to my ad on craigslist, so hopefully I can schedule time to go see these places on Saturday.

If anyone knows some good resources (or temp agencies) that handle live sound reinforcement, AV tech work, etc, please let me know. This is a "skin of my teeth" type move, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Would love to meet some of the "LA branch", give me a holler if you want to get together for coffee or something. I can't wait.

I'll go ahead and give you guys my number: 228-282-0810.

Edited by Shawn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've found a room for rent in a large residential house in Sunland, a little farther north than I originally planned, but it's a really good deal and the area looks quite lovely from the photos I've seen (I love mountains). I'll be checking out the house on Saturday. It's a month-to-month deal, so if I want to move later it's easy.

Pretty cool how quickly things can come together when you've got a goal and the focus to achieve it. thumbs_up.gif

Hey gang, thanks for the good wishes!

I did arrive in LA safely, though I do not recommend getting a blow out in the middle of the Arizona desert, not much fun.

I'm going out to find a different place to stay tomorrow, the initial room for rent situation ended up not being what I need, so I'm temporarily based at Motel 6 while I regroup and get some places to check out.

I'm fine, Pywacket (cat) is fine and southern California is quite lovely, looking forward to being more than "a tourist" real soon.