Bootleg: Miles Davis Quintet Live in Europe 1967

mjzee

Is there anyone one else who is not subscribed to Amazon Prime and is annoyed that they seem to delay shipping items to pressure people to sign up?

Would it be unkind of me to ask "what kind of noid are you 'para'"?

Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone one else who is not subscribed to Amazon Prime and is annoyed that they seem to delay shipping items to pressure people to sign up?

Nope. I had 2 items that were released on Tuesday. The one that had a later shipping notice arrived earlier in the day on Thursday than the other. I'm more than happy with things consistently landing here on a Thursday for a Tuesday release. I got stuff I can play in the meantime, and I'll put the Prime cost towards the Mosaic Coleman Hawkins. :)

I've had pretty good luck with "Amazon non-Prime" and getting free shipping over $25. When problems arise, it's due to ordering multiple items in one order - they'll generally wait until they get all the items before shipping. If one item's delayed, it holds up the order. If I only order one or two things, they'll generally ship within a day or so. An even better strategy is to make one of the items a pre-order. If, say, I'll order 3 things but one of them's a pre-order that won't ship until, say, November, Amazon will ship the other two items within a few days at no extra shipping charge.

I've had pretty good luck with "Amazon non-Prime" and getting free shipping over $25. When problems arise, it's due to ordering multiple items in one order - they'll generally wait until they get all the items before shipping. If one item's delayed, it holds up the order. If I only order one or two things, they'll generally ship within a day or so. An even better strategy is to make one of the items a pre-order. If, say, I'll order 3 things but one of them's a pre-order that won't ship until, say, November, Amazon will ship the other two items within a few days at no extra shipping charge.

Agreed. I always use the non-prime free shipping (will wait to group $25 in purchases, even keep a backlog of "wants" for that purpose), and find it surprisingly quick.

I was bummed to see that mine is shipping soon from Amazon. Jeez do they mean it might not even ship today? It's out today. I am going to be very bummed if I walk over to J&R today and see it on the shelves for a similar price.

And I pre-ordered about a week ago.

Edited by skeith