Bootleg: Miles Davis Quintet Live in Europe 1967

mjzee

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Isle of Wight is now available on the Bitches Brew Live cd that came out earlier this year. I think the only thing on the big box that is completely unavailable in any other form are the additional tracks on the first disc, the Tadd Dameron one. Even the We Want Miles bonus tracks were on Miles! Miles! Miles! I think.

During the heat wave last night when I couldn't fall asleep, I kept thinking about this set. So this morning I pre-ordered one from amazon.ca - $43.99 Cdn. a little pricey, but what the hey, it's something I HAVE to have. (It's the same price as amazon.com when exchange is considered). Estimated date of delivery Sept. 15. If I find it cheaper somewhere else, I'll simply cancel this order.

During the heat wave last night when I couldn't fall asleep, I kept thinking about this set. So this morning I pre-ordered one from amazon.ca - $43.99 Cdn. a little pricey, but what the hey, it's something I HAVE to have. (It's the same price as amazon.com when exchange is considered). Estimated date of delivery Sept. 15. If I find it cheaper somewhere else, I'll simply cancel this order.

They'll honor the cheaper price if it drops before release date.

The Isle of Wight is now available on the Bitches Brew Live cd that came out earlier this year. I think the only thing on the big box that is completely unavailable in any other form are the additional tracks on the first disc, the Tadd Dameron one. Even the We Want Miles bonus tracks were on Miles! Miles! Miles! I think.

I forgot about the Bitches Brew Live disc, thanks for the reminder. Yes, those tracks were on Miles! Miles! Miles!

The Classic Album Collection is a fascinating box set. I'm still having some fun comparing versions in that set with domestic and Japanese cds in my collection. And it's fun to reach into the box and pull out a favorite and spin it.

They'll honor the cheaper price if it drops before release date.

Yes, that's right. Hopefully, the price will drop a bit. But the price is not THAT bad from my perspective, since recordings and DVD's have been traditionally 25% higher in Canada than in the US. 3 CD's and 1 DVD works out to $11 per disc (tax adds $6 in total, can't do anything about that), plus free shipping. So under $50 delivered to my door. About the same as a Mosaic Select. Not too bad.

I find this sort of thing amusing... (from http://www.milesdavis.com/us/news/miles-davis-quintet-live-europe-1967-bootleg-series-vol-1?cid=lg:8su&utm_medium=email&utm_source=miles%20davis&utm_campaign=ypp%20-%20miles%20davis

Comments for this News article

Re: Miles Davis Quintet - Live In Europe 1967: The Bootleg Series Vol. 1

.Fri, 07/22/2011 - 12:28 — jules

This is incredible news! Even though I already have all this music as bootlegs, I can't wait to buy the official release. This is some of my favorite Miles music ever, really stretching the boundaries of acoustic jazz.

Will we have in the near future Sony pushing a release with somebody saying "Wow! Finally a chance to actually pay for that Napster concert I downloaded a few years back..."?

(HMMM...somehow double posted. No doubt my mistake.)

Edited by Ted O'Reilly

Drastically shrunken and massive collateral damage, but...there is a future, such as it is.

'splain that to me. The biggies are living off music publishing and the indies are gone - 'cept those bringing out live recordings "on spec", and most of those operations are hitting up the musicians for seed money.