Multiquote

Morganized

I am getting the same result if I click on the reply button or the multiquote button. Both take me to the area to compose a post. The old multiquote function allowed one to check a number of quotes and include them all in a reply post. It appears there is a trick to getting this result that I am not aware but it must exist since many of you post with multiquotes.

Probably a stupid question but I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Edited by Morganized

If I click "Multiquote" it turns green. When I then click "Add Reply", all the posts for which I have clicked "Multiquote" appear as quotes in the edit area. If you don't get this behaviour, the first question would be what browser and version you have? It could be that this functionality uses some technique that isn't supported in all browsers/versions. (I'm using Chrome 12 on Windows 7 by the way.)

Actually I now even discovered that it works so well that if I click "Multiquote" in one thread, switch to another tab with a different thread and click "Add Reply" those quotes will appear there too!

If I click "Multiquote" it turns green. When I then click "Add Reply", all the posts for which I have clicked "Multiquote" appear as quotes in the edit area. If you don't get this behaviour, the first question would be what browser and version you have? It could be that this functionality uses some technique that isn't supported in all browsers/versions. (I'm using Chrome 12 on Windows 7 by the way.)

Actually I now even discovered that it works so well that if I click "Multiquote" in one thread, switch to another tab with a different thread and click "Add Reply" those quotes will appear there too!

Wow!! NOT WORKING like that for me. I just bought a new computer from Dell. Windows 7 Latest IE browser. Interesting. I don't know why but when I click on multiquote it does not turn green but immediately takes me to the add reply box instead.

I would prefer your experience I think :)

Wow!! NOT WORKING like that for me. I just bought a new computer from Dell. Windows 7 Latest IE browser. Interesting. I don't know why but when I click on multiquote it does not turn green but immediately takes me to the add reply box instead.

I would prefer your experience I think :)

Me too... Windows 7, IE browser.

Then it must be an IE9 thing (which I don't have have installed at the moment). I tested with my IE8 and it works correctly there too.

Try Firefox and/or Chrome and see if it works correctly there. It should. If you don't have them, they are free and quick and easy to download and install. It doesn't hurt to have them installed as well, even if you don't use them as primary browsers.