Leslie 3300 on Hammond m3

Hammondm3

Hello!

since reading the Jim alfredson article about Leslie 3300 i Bought myself one. great leslie!

I use this on a Hammond SK-1 with the little 8 pin cable. nice cable by the way. much easier to deal with than the bigger ones.

but, in my living room i also have my 1955 Hammond M3.

so, anyone know the best way to connect the hammond M3 to the leslie 3300? i see according to the manual that I can use both 11 pin and 8 pin simultaneously.

I have a leslie 147 kit on the hammond m3...

Hello jim.

I was hoping for a "147 to 11 pin" kind of kit. O need to check the hammond suzuki maybe.

By the way jim, i am a pianotuner in norway. You were working as a piano technichian too?

Maybe you are tired of hearing it, but great organ playing!

You are a inspiration :-)

Hammond makes a kit that takes a 122 output and converts it to an 11pin output for use with the 3300.

http://www.hammondorganco.com/optional_acc1.htm#main

However, that won't work with a 147 connection.

I think any competent electronics engineer could devise something very simple that would work, coming straight off the preamp of the M3. I have a friend who uses his 3300 with a B3 and he made his own "kit" to connect the two. The wiring is really straight forward.

Yes, I do tune pianos as well. :) Nice to meet a fellow tuner. Where in Norway are you? I'll be there at the end of the month with Janiva Magness.

I called ray at hammond, and he wanted me to use a leslie 1174 kit. I'll look into it one day.

I am located in aalesund. It is on the west coast.

So you are comming over here with janiva? Where! And when?

Maybe i can come and see your concert and maybe exchange a couple of words before you move on?

We will be in Hell, Norway on September 2nd at the Hell Blues Festival and then in Oslo on September 4th. Not sure what the gig is in Oslo yet. I think Hell is about 5 hours from you. That's quite the distance! I just looked up Aalesund and it looks amazing! :) I love Norway. One of my favorite European countries by far.

The 1174 kit would certainly work.

Oh, at the hell blues festival!.

Actually i went to service my time in the Norwegian army in stjørdal, which is just about some minutes away from Hell.

That name by the way must sound strange in your ears :-)

If you have time to say hello, i would certanly love to come and see you in Hell! :-) He he he.

Ã…lesund is a very nice city. Actually it won a national voting contest some years ago, and got the title the most beautiful city of norway. Not bad! :-)

I guess your time schedule will forbid you to travel to ålesund. If you had the time. I certanly would be proud to be a host and a guide for you!

I have been interessted in hammonds some time and

here is by the way my hammond web site:

http://hammond.hamcar.info/

Okay Jim! I discussed with my wife and we agreed to take the trip!

She will meet an old school friend in trondheim and i go to get me a dose of hammond and meet you.

I Am looking forward to meet you!

I grap the chance now. It will cost me a lot more to come to america to meet you! :-)

When i comes to the "connect-the-hammond-m3-to-leslie 3300" issue, i got the idea that i actually also could make a 1/4 jack output and just use a classic jack.

Maybe a idiotic question :-), but do you think it will be any sound difference using the leslie 3300 jack input compared to the 11 pin?

No it shouldn't make a difference at all soundwise. Though the preamp of an M3 is at a certain impendence. You might need to match the impedence of the 1/4" input on the 3300, something the kit probably does automatically. But it might sound fine as is. :)

That's good news you're coming to the festival! Definitely seek me out! :)