Steven Wilson - Solo

Shawn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I can take or leave the music videos/artwork, it has very little bearing on my enjoyment of the music. I do appreciate the artistry behind the animation. I think the video for Drag Ropes from Storm Corrosion fits the music a little better than this one.

The rest of the album is quite different from this track but it all flows together into a cohesive statement. I was kind of surprised that this song was chosen for the debut video, I was expecting either The Pin Drop or Drive Home.

• 3 weeks later...

I went with the blu-ray audio for The Raven That Refused To Sing. Quite the attention grabbing introduction! The way it began reminded me a little of the riffing near the end of Townshend's "Rough Boys." Only one play thus far but there was more of an instant "I like it!" feeling than with Grace For Drowning (though I connected better with it after the release of the live blu-ray/dvd). Although I will admit that I ended up getting distracted away from the music for last 1/3 of it (stupid intrusions). I don't think JSngry dips into this proggy part of the pool but if he realized one could get a FSK 6 sticker by buying the Raven blu-ray Mr. Wilson would have himself a sale from an unexpected place. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I bought "The Raven" and "Get All You Deserve" a few weeks ago, and I'm just stunned. Beautiful music. The right music at the right time for me. Dark, but also much more than just that. The imagery, the videos... all are doing a lot for me, at least for now.

I've had "Grace for Drowning" for a long time now. These new recordings made me appreciate Grace much more than before.