irritating office coworkers

The Chicago Tribune on Irritating Office Workers "Office politics can be deadly. Now there are numbers to prove it," declares the

Chicago Tribune editorial board. The board points to a Tel Aviv University study that tracked 820 people for 20 years and found that those with lower peer support on the job were more likely to die. "Surprisingly, having a jerk for a boss doesn't seem to have an effect on longevity. It's the clown who wants to be your boss that you need to watch out for," they write. "Countless studies have shown that a toxic work environment zaps productivity, drives away talent, increases turnover and absenteeism, inhibits creativity and problem-solving, and destroys team cohesion." The board points to self-help books and seminars that help workers rant about their annoying co-workers and potentially find solutions. "Alternately, you could visit annoyingcoworker.com and let 'er rip in an anonymous email, or even send one of the pre-written screeds helpfully provided on the site, though this wouldn't be a particularly collegial gesture on your part. Remember, co-workers can kill. It's safer for everyone if we all play nice."

It's the flatulent stench of cruciferous vegetables that gets to me.

It's the flatulent stench of actual flatulence that gets to me, and the lady who's moved in to the officible next to be brings it aplenty. That's a big part of why I work from home now as much as possible.

I had to sit in an office with a slob who would leave Jerry Springer on and leave the room for seven months.

Actually, the Jerry Springer show was only an hour long. It only seemed like seven months.

Ha! No, I had to share the office with him for seven months.

He's still an idiot....and one of the bosses. :lol:

I've just begun working in a cubicle after many, many years of hiding in my own studio lair and the being now on the other side of my corporate wall is probably one of the most perfect representatives of the opposite sex. EVER!

It has not become a problem.

for christ sake, don't tell her you are a jazz fan.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

I've just begun working in a cubicle after many, many years of hiding in my own studio lair and the being now on the other side of my corporate wall is probably one of the most perfect representatives of the opposite sex. EVER!

Pics or it didn't happen! :lol:

believe you me - I shake my head in disbelief whenever I walk by. :excited:

... and she listens to politely low thumping club music at around 3:30 everyday.

Personnally I don't really mind those quirks , have a high tolerance for what most of you are describing, Gotta say I do wonder about people making popcorn, it only reminds me why I don't go to cineplexes.

Only thing that would really annoy me is the music being played, as a consensus we end up with those awful easy listening rock radio crapfest which are always playing the same rotation of songs that have been heard so many times when it's not a recent cover of an old time classic, who needs a fuckin version of Halleluiah by a lame cheesy female singer !

Or even worse, my nearest co=worker wouyld play cds out of her PC with crappy speakers so just the sound would make you want to rip your ears off but her choice of music woild drive me over the edge she would play the same cd over and over, either it be a local rocker à la BON Jovi or a freakin Christmas album..

TOGTFO!

TOGTFO!

..thinking that the man with the golden palm has recently increased his clothing and grooming budget.

we've all been there, goldy.

perhaps someday we'll have a thread for coworkers who overly fumigate them selves.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

I've been retired for almost three years, but I spent 35 1/2 years working in an office environment. Much of that time, I had my own office, but I was on the floor enough to have developed some serious pet peeves. What really bugged me were what I call the "flitters". These are people for whom socializing takes on a life of its own. They move from desk to desk wasting not only their own time, but that of their victims. This was especially pervasive on Monday mornings when they felt obliged to share their weekend experiences with anyone who would listen. If they had kids, it was even worse and if they were talking to someone else with kids, it was brutal. Don't want to sound too curmudgeonly, but, man, what a waste of time. I used to preach what is called the 4/8 theory. That you should consider yourself lucky to get four hours of real work out of any employee in an eight hour day. Don't even get me going on unlimited access to the internet. That has to be the single biggest impediment to getting anything accomplished that I can imagine.

Funny story...at least to me. When I first went to work in 1973, there were no cubicles, just row after row of desks, like the movie 9 to 5. One of the women who worked a couple of rows over actually belled her bosses chair (he was at the desk behind her) so that when he got up to do something and the bell rang, it was her cue to begin fulfilling her true calling as the floor's social butterfly. We had some time management people come in at one point, and they actually tailed her surreptitiously to find out what she did all day.