Happy birthday to Wayne Shorter

bertrand

I've seen him 3 times this year already, and can't wait for the next concert. Lately I've been focusing on the Weather Report years, especially the recently released live sets from Germany.

Bertrand.

I could never put into words what it means to have him in the world still. 78! May there be many more years of High Life...

Happy birthday, Mr. Shorter. I saw him for part of a set at the Detroit Jazz Festival two or three years ago. I had to leave after about half an hour to catch the Heath Brothers. I've been waiting to see him again in concert, but he hasn't hit Cleveland, Detroit, Buffalo or Pittsburgh since.

I'd like him to live forever. Or at least longer than me.

I know he won't, but when him and Sonny finally go, that's going to be it for me and living tenor giants. I don't want to see that. But unless my lifespan is shorter than normal, I probably will.

So, while the image is silly, the sentiment is anything but.

I'd like him to live forever. Or at least longer than me.

I know he won't, but when him and Sonny finally go, that's going to be it for me and living tenor giants. I don't want to see that. But unless my lifespan is shorter than normal, I probably will.

So, while the image is silly, the sentiment is anything but.

i understand your sentiments 100% but i think the image and sentiments are inappropriate for a birthday celebration for a 78-year old man. just my 2 cents worth.

Certainly didn't mean to cause offense, it's just that Wayne has never seemed "old" to me. I keep thinking he's like 65 or something, not 78. Although now that I think about it, I've been thinking he's 65 for quite a while now....78 is almost 80, and 80 is old by any criteria. And....I cannot imagine an old Wayne Shorter, I just can't. And I won't, not until there's final, conclusive prrof.

As for the image, it's kind of a joke, really, it's from a fantasy/sci-fi video game, and knowing how Wayne is all off into that realm, I found it humorously fitting. Again, no offense intended.

What would be the coolest thing ever is a fantasy sci-fi video game about the quest to live forever, with music by Wayne Shorter (a lot of the Columbia albums would work just fine, that's kinda what they sound like anyway, but I'm talking original music). I would pay money for that game, and I don't even play video games anymore.