Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD tomorrow (1/13)!

Big Al

There was a big write-up in Saturday's paper about this show, which had me in stitches. I don't have cable, so I've never seen it; it sure does intrigue me, though. Enough to want to plop down the $30 for the set tomorrow, despite having never seen a second of it.

What do y'all think about it?

I find the show hysterical; my wife thinks he's just a totally dysfunctional human. If you liked 'Seinfeld', you will find this show quite funny, as some elements of 'Seinfeld' in terms of plot structure are in almost every episode. I may buy it myself for when this new season ends and I'm in need of some good laughs.

I've only seen part of one episode, at a friend's house. It caught my eye (ear?), and for a while I couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed the absence of a laugh track (or a studio audience laughing), and realized it was on HBO. Seinfeld had a laugh track (not that there's anything wrong with that), and was still hilarious. But I appreciate a show that let's you decide where the humor is, instead of trying to decide for you. Definitely left me wanting to see more!

I've watched "Curb Your Enthsiasm" several times since we got cable last month. My wife thinks it's hysterical. I have to be in the right frame of mind[lessness] for it. If you like watching rich folks making fools of themselves (who doesn't?), you'll dig it. I've noticed that anytime I get to thinking that Larry David is a complete asshole, another person usually comes on the scene who makes Larry David seem relatively mild, even sensitive :wacko: . "Curb Your Enthsiasm" is growing on me...

• 3 months later...

Everybody I know hates this show. I laugh out loud most every time I watch it.

I remember when Larry had discoverd he enjoyed peeing, more, when he sat down. He was complaining, through the show's half-hour, wondering who left the seat up. :lol:

But, yeah, Larry's character is a likeable asshole with no personal skills.

• 1 year later...

NINETEEN MONTHS LATER...

Can anyone answer a question for me?

I'm new to this show and I'm just about to finish viewing season one. As a matter of fact, I stopped episode nine just at the part where Richard Lewis enters.

My question: As I loathe Richard Lewis, how long into the series does he continue to infect nearly every episode?

Opinions will no doubt vary but I find this man to be without comedic talent. (I remember his act when he first hit the scene. He was going nowhere until he hit on the I'm-so-sick routine.)

GADS he's dreadful!

Edited by Chaney

Ok..so what are you guys saying...you like the show OTHER than Richard Lewis's participation ? Or you DON'T like the show because of his participation ?

he's not irritating enough to make me not watch the show, but i don't see what he adds that is all that vital. it could be better without him

he's not irritating enough to make me not watch the show, but i don't see what he adds that is all that vital. it could be better without him

I think this show has characters that are supposed to be irritating. i.e. Larry's cousin, Richard Lewis, etc. It's something for Larry to work off of. It's an (exagerrated) realism.

What I'm saying: I enjoy the show in spite of the presence of the Richard Lewis.

Q: What's wrong with this grouping of performers?

drew_carey_190.jpgrichardlewis1a.jpgjim_belushi_night.jpg

A: Trick question. Nothing.

Edited by Chaney