Harvie Swartz

Hardbopjazz

Anyone know this artists? I am listening to a Jimmy Ponder recording. Harvey Schwartz is playing on this live recording but it doesn't list the instrument. I know it is not guitar or piano. He is either bass or drums, but I can't fine him listed anywhere

10 minutes later: I found who he is. The name is spelled different. Harvie Swartz

And now known as Harvie S. I guess he got tired of telling people how to spell his name.

A friend of mine who's a musician told me he was told by a fellow musician that Harvey Swartz (his birth name) got tired of being hassled at airports (especially after 9/11) as to whether his name was Swartz, Shwartz, or Schwartz and legally changed his name to Harvey S.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone know this artists? I am listening to a Jimmy Ponder recording. Harvey Schwartz is playing on this live recording but it doesn't list the instrument. I know it is not guitar or piano. He is either bass or drums, but I can't fine him listed anywhere

10 minutes later: I found who he is. The last name is spelled different. Harvey Swartz

great guy. We know each other some years, gigged-which was fun. When I lived in Riverdale, NY I saw him a lot. He's just up the road in a Hudson River town. Has a band called Eye Contact, Hispanic in orientation-and nice. There he goes by Harvito. Hope the MF doesn't have a hard time cashing checks! Great cat, a character, and a player of experience and accomplishment. Forget names if you meet him, though. Try nods, grunts, ASL, or that thing they used to do with their hands on home movie screens (;