How's the Weather

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic weather the last few days. Perfect for painting the windows. :)

We are now confirming the stereotype that English people love to talk about the weather..... :blink:

Tune into tonight's JRR on the BBC replayer and another great British topic lies in one track.

Django Bates' 'The Importance of Boiling Water' with instructions how to make a proper cup of tea.

We are now confirming the stereotype that English people love to talk about the weather..... :blink:

Tune into tonight's JRR on the BBC replayer and another great British topic lies in one track.

Django Bates' 'The Importance of Boiling Water' with instructions how to make a proper cup of tea.

My wife bought one of those "one-cup" kettles; it doesn't boil the water.

3rd day of hot conditions and cloudless skies coming up today - painbrushes at the ready.

Weather seems to be crap North of Newcastle.. :lol:

You don't have to go that far. Overcast here this morning - after a spooky red sunrise.

Really? :o Absolutely superb down here. Painting all complete and enough time to harvest the blackberries along the lane at the front of my place. Bliss ! :D

Why do you think the Romans gave up at that point?

Hadrian's Wall was beyond their comfort zone, even then. Of course, not many 'real' Romans served there - more likely troops from the subject territories of Germania, Bosnia, Turkey, Romania etc. It always makes me laugh when I hear about our chief export to the Roman Empire back in those times. An oil-impregnated woollen cloak for keeping the weather out, worthy of Winter hobbit fashion. Sort of "proto-hoody".

Edited by sidewinder

Heh, I'm sure it couldn't be half as bad as it is in the states. Drizzle can be the top story on the local news...

Meanwhile, fall has come a bit early to the ATL, only in the 40's this am! :ph34r:

Painting all complete and enough time to harvest the blackberries along the lane at the front of my place. Bliss ! :D

You really know how to live the Jazz Life don't you, sidewinder!

3rd harvest this season ! - and there's still more to come. I always said that the blackberries within an arc of 20 miles around this neck of the woods were the best on the planet and I don't think I'm far wrong.

• 3 weeks later...