Hot Stove Thread 2011-2012

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodspeak -- In post #76 you changed the words that Brad used in post #75 in the course of "quoting" what he had said there. No matter what your intent in doing so, that is forbidden, for reasons that I'm sure I don't need to explain.

Is a cut-and-paste post in order to leave out whole chunks of information in an effort to put down another poster forbidden, too?

Pardon my sensibilities, Larry.

Looks like Florida is out to become a player. They're seriously courting both Joe Reyes and Luis Pujols. That would be some coup for a team that most people barely know is there.

They're reporting up here that the Marlins (who are changing their name to the Miami Marlins) have made an offer to Pujols, as well as Reyes. I also believe they're moving into a new stadium in 2012.

Goodspeak -- I don't know to what cut-and-paste post you're referring; enlighten me. As for what you did, just don't do it again.

Pretty much anything Brad posts but #75 prompted my tongue-in-cheek response you are referring to.

I think you will find that rare is the day I do something like that, but as per your wishes, it won't happen again.

Cheers.

Tim

Edited by GoodSpeak

With Melky Cabrera on board I don't know that the Giants will be pursuing Reyes or Pujols...but it would sure be nice to get one more big bat in the line-up.

If I had to pick, I would like Pujols and on a two-year deal.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Looks like Florida is out to become a player. They're seriously courting both Joe Reyes and Luis Pujols. That would be some coup for a team that most people barely know is there.

I'm wondering how they manage the $$ on this. It's a 37000 seat stadium, Ramirez is signed at about $11mil/year, Reyes will be at least $10mil/year, Pujols about $20-25mil/year. It doesn't seem to leave much for a pitching staff, etc.

I'm wondering how they manage the $$ on this. It's a 37000 seat stadium, Ramirez is signed at about $11mil/year, Reyes will be at least $10mil/year, Pujols about $20-25mil/year. It doesn't seem to leave much for a pitching staff, etc.

Kind of like the Yankees. All offense and no arms.

Ticket prices, parking fees and concessions will shoot through the roof, I am sure.

Yes, it has a retractable roof.

http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/mia/ballpark/webcam.jsp

Well maybe all of those Heat fans will buy tix to see the Marlins since they won't be watching Bball in South Beach this season.

http://www.google.com/search?q=miami+marlins+new+stadium&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=707&prmd=imvnsu&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=avLBTsTfJ-GV0QGjheGFDw&ved=0CDsQsAQ

Looks like Matt Kemp & the Dodgers want to be together for eight years: http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/14/report-matt-kemp-dodgers-in-serious-discussions-on-160-million-deal/

That seems like a long time for a quality player to be tied to a team whose ownership is still not stable. But maybe Kemp's got the faith.

Looks like Matt Kemp & the Dodgers want to be together for eight years: http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/14/report-matt-kemp-dodgers-in-serious-discussions-on-160-million-deal/

That seems like a long time for a quality player to be tied to a team whose ownership is still not stable. But maybe Kemp's got the faith.

It may be the best they can do right now with all the litigation and sale pending.