[FA] eBay "RARE" Japanese CDs

Some choice stuff here. Anyone who's not familiar with Duke Jordan's Les Liaisons Dangereuse should check it out.

Just curious, I notice you and a number of other veteran eBay sellers don't provide the names of the players or the tunes on a given CD. I know it takes more time and for all I know it costs more money to add this to an offer, but when you're listing some reasonably rare material with which many prospective buyers are not familiar, I'd think providing that information would be beneficial in terms of generating interest/bids. Thanks for indulging my curiosity.

Edited by Dave James

I just wish there were "Buy it now" prices. I can't watch this many auctions end while I'm at work.

I'm in the same boat so I use auctionsniper.com. It works so well that I use it even for auctions where I would be available to make a bid as it removes the risk of an internet connection failure. It isn't too expensive either.

I follow Zoltan's (Brian's) auctions with some regularity (and enthusiasm!). The jazz titles tend to go for around retail price, and the classical titles (if rare) go for much more. Johanna Martzy anyone? Try winning an auction for a single disc at anything under $80. Then, a couple of months ago, a Japanese gold disc edition of Ernest Ansermet's Borodin Symphony No. 2 went for over $700. That was crazy. I bought the newly remastered Australian edition for $6.

Anyway, no real point to this post. I do wish, however, that Brian would post here and there. Just out of curiosity. Where the heck do you get all your rare stuff? (None of my business.) And multiple copies? What do DJs in Taiwan spin?

Brian is very mercenary. Several times in recent years I asked him through this board to find me a particular title, and he did, but instead of naming a price, he listed it for auction. So I would get in touch to ask what's up... He forgot. And then he did it again. He forgot, again. And then he did it again a third time. And so after the 3rd small humiliation, I don't ask for favors any more.

Brian is very mercenary. Several times in recent years I asked him through this board to find me a particular title, and he did, but instead of naming a price, he listed it for auction. So I would get in touch to ask what's up... He forgot. And then he did it again. He forgot, again. And then he did it again a third time. And so after the 3rd small humiliation, I don't ask for favors any more.

Same here....but only twice. :rolleyes:

Same here....but only twice. :rolleyes:

Someone should ban him :cool:

Edited by J.A.W.

You know the old joke? Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. ph34r.gif

Do you know what his shipping charges are?

From an auction page:

I will send the invoice for REGISTERED AIRMAIL after the auction ends. If you want EMS, please send me message.

Registered Airmail :

Asia & Australia : Starting at $5 and $1.5 for each additional item.

USA & Europe : Starting at $7 and $2.5 for each additional item.

South America & Africa : Starting at $8 and $4 for each additional item.

EMS :

Asia & Australia : Starting at $12 and $3 for each additional item.

USA & Europe : Starting at $16 and $4 for each additional item.

South America & Africa : Starting at $20 and $5 for each additional item.

Please note that 2~4 CD FAT CASE will be charged for 2CD cost.

Please send the payment within 5 days by the end of the auction. If you want to bid my other listings, please send me message.

Good Luck!!

I must say that the discs I've purchased (via eBay) from Zoltan have been in excellent condition. They usually take ten days to arrive in the U.S. Make sure to check if an auction you're interested in has a disc listed as a "sample" or "promo" (if that matters to you). Zoltan will list this if this is the case.