Batshit Crazy Sunshine Pop

JSngry

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ending on this one...whoa...but really, the whole thing is above over-the-top yet never falls down (even as it fades wout).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQL7u5Z5Hjk

Not just any regular fool can pull this off, stoned and/or tripping or not.

Got any more?

Yeah, I carry that one around on my MP3 player and have posted it out on Facebook in the last couple of months. Had the 45 back in the day.

The ending on this one...whoa...but really, the whole thing is above over-the-top yet never falls down (even as it fades wout).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQL7u5Z5Hjk

Not just any regular fool can pull this off, stoned and/or tripping or not.

Got any more?

Just about anything by The Association. See if you can find one they did called Rose Petals Incense and a Kitten. Unfortunately, It's not on YouTube. It was on and album called BIrthday the same one that included Everything That Touches You.

Here's a "what were they thinking" for you. When I saw The Association many years ago in Portland, Iron Butterfly was the opening act.

Just about anything by The Association. See if you can find one they did called Rose Petals Incense and a Kitten. Unfortunately, It's not on YouTube. It was on and album called BIrthday the same one that included Everything That Touches You.

Here's a "what were they thinking" for you. When I saw The Association many years ago in Portland, Iron Butterfly was the opening act.

Yeah, once they got on WB and had a budget, they really took advantage...

That's quite a bill, right up there w/Hendrix opening for The Monkees!

The Free Design...those were Rusty Dedrick's kids, right? HEad about them, but this is my first time knowingly hearing them. Kites are fun! Batshit crazy!

1967s Gary Usher production on Columbia. Lead vocal by Glen Campbell (yes, that Glen Campbell) of all people!

The Free Design...those were Rusty Dedrick's kids, right? HEad about them, but this is my first time knowingly hearing them. Kites are fun! Batshit crazy!

Yes, that was them.

Edited by felser

Not particularly good, but batshit crazy nevertheless.

I do not have the imagination necessary to imagine how some of those chords....got put together in that sequence...and were allowed to stay there...but that's part of the interest in "bad music"..parallel/alternate universes and all that...

Everything else on this thread has not been bad music. But this one is. Bad, but batshit crazy bad.

Edited by JSngry

Sunshine Company - Back On My Feet Again. Scraped the Top 40 in 1967

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFT7Xt6li3Q

Don't know how "good" this one is, but it is crazy, with the phased vocals. Two bizarre aspects, first, these guys looked like the freaking Four Preps, with their crew cuts and matching suits. Second, this strange mess of a record somehow went to #20 on the pop charts in 1969.