BFT 93 all vocals - Signup

mikeweil

BFT 93 Poll  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry for the delay - I can't remove the file information from some of the tracks, so the original track title and artist info will not be displayed in Windows media player .... the software I use last time which deletes this will not work on my new computer. We have guests over the weekend so my time is limited - I will try to figure this out on Monday.

At least selecting and sequencing is done ...

My sincere apologies.

Sorry for the delay - I can't remove the file information from some of the tracks, so the original track title and artist info will not be displayed in Windows media player .... the software I use last time which deletes this will not work on my new computer. We have guests over the weekend so my time is limited - I will try to figure this out on Monday.

At least selecting and sequencing is done ...

My sincere apologies.

Mike, do you have Audicity? It is a freeware program. You can load the tracks in this software and add a second of two of silence to the end and then media player will not know what tune it is. I did this for my BFT that is in a few months.

I talked about this same issue here

thread

Edited by Hardbopjazz

Mike, do overwrite all fields with zeros... if you just delete tags, some information may still turn up in some players.

The zero strategy is the best one I've found so far.

Of course do put in some kind of album title and track numbers, as well as some artist name ("Various Artists" or something like that) - otherwise those who listen on MP3-players might not find the tracks there or have to write tags before putting the tracks onto an MP3-player.

Mike, do overwrite all fields with zeros... if you just delete tags, some information may still turn up in some players.

Of course do put in some kind of album title and track numbers, as well as some artist name ("Various Artists" or something like that) - otherwise those who listen on MP3-players might not find the tracks there or have to write tags before putting the tracks onto an MP3-player.

I tried this, but if you remove the zeros, media player once again puts the information while playing the music. Maybe I didn't do it like you mentioned, but I believe I did.

Same here - just at this moment I do the compilation all over again on my wife's old machine which has the software I am familiar with that allows me to overwrite all track info while ripping the tracks. I think I can upload the first part in a few hours when I'm back from work or during a break.

Sorry again for the unconvenience ...

Okay, I sent PMs with download links for the first disc - more to come within the next 24 hours.

I will open a discussion thread.

Glad I kept my wife's old computers with a solidly working Windows 98 system - on it the software I am accustomed with works fine, I ripped the tracks without any track info and was able to adjust volume levels of some tracks.

Phew!

I tried this, but if you remove the zeros, media player once again puts the information while playing the music. Maybe I didn't do it like you mentioned, but I believe I did.

Okay, but why would anyone remove the zeros? That would seem like cheating to me...