"Scary Albums" or "Scary Album Covers" corner...

Rooster_Ties

By the way, I found these all from one seller on eBay, and all are currently open auctions. (Click HERE for general search on the words "Blue Note Spain" in the description.) His lists these blue and orange BN's as all being from "Special issue The BLUE NOTE COLLECTION Series for Spain".

Anybody know how many of these (and which ones) are being released in Spain?? (Wish the BNBB was up, I'd ask Tom about this.)

I checked, and the Larry Young does have the alternate take, but the Sam Rivers doesn't have any alternates.

What a weird series, to redo the colors of the classic covers like that!! Hard to believe that BN would approve of such a thing, but maybe they've had some weird success with people buying music by color over there. Certainly the covers would be even more visually linked this way - although the choice of colors is really ugly (IMHO), and how can you change history like that??

(Harkens back to those "Applause" reissues on BN titles, with the piss-poor monochrome versions of a few of the classic covers.)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

The Blue Note reissues that Time-Life did also had those same blue covers, guess they thought they were pretty cool to use blue color for Blue Note albums .... :wacko:

I had a Lou Donaldson "Good Gracious" from that series but couldn't stand looking at it and sold it through ebay ... :D

i-1.JPG

Reel to Reel:American Airlines Astrostereo Popular Program No. 41 Decca-Coral Stereo Tape W-41 4-Track 3 3/4 IPS Stereo. Box is in good condition, two taped sides, two taped seams, one split corner. Reel is in excellent condition.

Bert Kaempfert Orchestra Somebody Loves You; Lover; The World We Knew; Moonlight Serenade; Hold Me; Serenade In Blue; Lady; Rain

Brenda Lee I Will Wait For You; Here's That Rainy Day; Baby, Won't You Please Come Home;You'll Never Know; Little Girl Blue

Carmen Cavallero, Piano Chanson D'amour; This Is My Song; Yellow Days

Earl Grant Sunny; Alfie; One Night Samba; Don't Sleep In The Subway; Love Theme From "La Strada"; That's Life; Lollipops And Roses

Freddy Martin Orchestra April In Portugal; Tonight We Love; Cumana; Blue Champagne; Warsaw Concerto

George Feyer, Piano Medley: Georgie Girl, Camelot, If Ever I Would Leave You; Medley: Just In Time, Gigi, Make Believe, Bill: Medley: Edelweiss, My Favorite Things, The Sound Of Music,

Lenny Dee, Organ Cabaret; Sunrise, Sunset; There's A Kind of Hush (All Over The World); Watch What Happens

Pete Fountain Thoroughly Modern Millie; Strangers In The Night; Somethin' Stupid; Wiederseh'n; The Eyes of Love; Spanish Eyes

Peter Duchin, His Piano & Orchestra How Insensitive (Insensatez); In The Wee Small Hours of The Morning; Lover Man; Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars; It Was A Very Good Year; Willow Weep For Me

Rafael Mendez & Laurindo Almeida Malaguena Sale-Rosa; Lullaby

Sammy Kaye Orchestra My Gal Sal; The Wiffenpoof Song; The Gang That Sang "Heart of My Heart"; Oh How I Missed You Tonight

Trumpets Ole Ti-Pi-Tin; The Portuguese Washerwomen; The More I See You: Summer Summerwind

Vincent Bell That Happy Feeling; Lara's Theme From "Dr Zhivago"; More

Edited by Rooster_Ties

i-1.JPG

Reel to Reel:American Airlines Astrovision Popular Program No. 19 Warner Bros. Reprise Stereo Tape W 19 4-Track 3 3/4 IPS Stereo. Box is in good condition, three split seams, some discoloration on cover, reel in excellent condition.

Bob Eberly I Understand

Bob Eberly & Helen O'Connell Tangerine; Green Eyes; Yours

Dean Martin I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry; Room Full of Roses

Frank Sinatra Moonlight Becomes You; Put Your Dreams Away; Moonlight Serenade; Night & Day; Come Fly With Me; Young At Heart; September of My Years

Frank Sinatra Orchestra Maria; The Girl That I Marry; An Affair To Remember; Tammy; I've grown Accustomed To Her Face; Laura; All The Way; Moon River; Something Wonderful; exodus

Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, Dean Martin We Open In Venice

Jack Nitzsche Orchestra Revolutionary Etude; Fantasie Impromptu; Etude In E

Les Baxter Orchestra Theme From "The Wonderful World of The Brothers Grimm"; Theme From "Lawrence Of Arabia", Baby Elephant Walk; Tender Is The Night; Theme From "Mutiny On The Bounty"; Boys Night Out; Love Theme From"Taras Bulba"

Morgana King Mountain High Valley Low; Little Girl Blue; Gone With The Wind; It's A Quiet Thing

Paul Smith Orchestra One Night Mamba; Quite Night of Quiet Stars

Paul Smith Orchestra How Insensitive; Meditation; The Lamp Is Low; Lullaby of Birdland; Girl From Ipanema

Peter, Paul And Mary Early Mornin' Rain; Blowin' In The Wind, Tell It On The Mountain; All My Trials; First Time Ever I Saw Your Face; Jane Jane; Long Chain On

Sammy Davis Jr Hey There; What Kind of Fool Am I

The Mexicall Singers Bye Bye Blues; Cotton Candy, Tijuana Taxi; Java; Yakety Sax; Flowers On The Wall

Trini Lopez I'm Comin' Home Cindy, Fly Me To The Moon; I Will Follow You; The Shadow of Your Smile

i-1.JPG

Reel to Reel: American Airlines Astrostereo Popular Program No. 39 JAZZ Project 3 Stereo Tape W 39 4-Track 3 3/4 IPS. Box is in excellent condition, light discoloration on side of cover, small tear on side of cover. Reel in excellent condition.

Enoch Light & Light Brigade - Paris Smiles * La Mentira * Wait Until Dark * Theme From The Sand Pebbles * Theme From Valley of The Dolls * If Ever I Would Leave You * How Insensitive * Tara's Theme * Blue Tango * Alfie * To Sir With Love * What a Difference A Day Makes * Lisbon Antigua * Born Free * April in Portugal

7 Great Guitars - Miss You * Who's Sorry Now * It's Not Unusual * Up, Up & Away * Georgy Girl

Bobby Hackett - My Funny Valentine * September Song * On The Street Where You Live * Nancy * Laura * You Only Live Twice

Peter Matz Orchestra - Heartaches * Jersey Bounce * Chattanooga Choo Choo

Stan Freeman Orchestra - Autumn Leaves * The Gentle Rain * It is The Talk of The Town * My Foolish Heart * Take Me in Your Arms * I've Got a Crush on You * When I Look in Your Eyes * Fascination * Strangers in The Night * This is My Song

The Kissin Cousins - You Brought Me a New Kind of Love * Illya Darling * Somewhere My Love * Games That Lovers Play * Throughly Modern Millie * A Man & A Woman * Too Young * The Glory of Love * My Cup Runneth Over * It Was a Very Good Year * Friendly Persuasion

Tony Mottola - The Impossible Dream * Little Girl Blue * Spanish Harlem * If You Walked into My Life * Lullaby of The Leaves * What Now My Love * Samba De Orfeu * So Nice * Call Me

i-1.JPG

Reel to Reel American Airlines No. 16 Stereo 4 Track 3 3/4 IPS. Reel in excellent condition. Box has light wear.

Art Mooney Orchestra - I'll Never Smile Again * I'll Get By * Sentimental Journey * I Don't Want to See The World on Fire * I'll Be Seeing You * You'll Never Know * I Left My Heart at The Stage Door Canteen

Burt Bacharach Orchestra - What's New Pussycat? * Trains and Boats and Planes * There's Always Something There to Remind Me * Blue on Blue

David Terry Orchestra & Chorus - Take The "A" Train * Medley: Old New York/Daisy Bell/The Band Played On/Sidewalks of New York * Chinatown My Chinatown * Lullabye of Broadway

Do-Re-Mi Children's Chorus - Three Little Fishes * This Old Man * Do-Re-Mi * My Favorite Things

Hugo Winterhalter Orchestra - Chim Chim Cher-ee * Cast Your Fate To The Wind * Who Can I Turn To * Hush, Sweet Charlotte

Jack Jones - Just Yesterday * They Didn't Believe Me * Come Rain or Come Shine * Angel Eyes * I Wish You Love * Wives & Lovers * What the World Need Now is Love * I See Your Face Before Me * Fly Me To The Moon * Lollipops & Roses * Moonlight Beomes You * Call Me Irresponsible

Jimmy Sedlar Orchestra - Ramblin' Rose * I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm * I Heard That Song Before

Joe Harnell, Piano & Orchestra - Sweet September * Theme From The Black Orpheus * Ill Wind * When Sunny Gets Blue * A Taste of Honey

Louis Armstrong - Hey Look Me Over * Blueberry Hill * I Still Get Jealous * It's Been a Long, Long Time * Hello, Dolly!

Richard Kiley, Irving Jacobson - Man of La Mancha

Roger Williams, Piano & Orchestra - Frenesi * Try to Remember * Willow Weep For Me * Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah * It Might as Well Be Spring * Autumn Leaves * The Last Time I Saw Paris * Around the World * Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1 * Theme From Exodus * Que Sera Sera * You'll Never Walk Alone * Claire De Lune * Liza

The Waikikis - Mauna Loa * Hawaii Tattoo

i-1.JPG

Reel to Reel American Airlines No. 8 JAZZ Stereo 4 Track 3 3/4 IPS. Reel in excellent condition. Box has light wear side edges are bowed out.

1. April Stevens & Nino Tempo - I Surrender Dear * Whispering * I'm Confessin'

2. Ben E. King - Amor * Quizas, Quizas, Quizas

3. Bent Fabric - Markin' Time * Castanova Walk * You Made Me Love You * Comme Ci Comme Ca * Alley Cat

4. Bobby Darin - Lazy River * Mack The Knife * Bill Bailey * Clementine

5. Chris Connor - No Strings * The Sweetest Sounds

6. Esther Phillips - Shangri-La * Moonglow & Theme From Picnic * People * And I Love Him

7. Hank Crawford - Have a Good Time * I'm A Fool to Want You

8. Herbie Mann - A Wonderful Day Like Today * Look at That Face * Insensatez * Who Can I Turn To * The Joker

9. Joao Gilberto - Desafindo * O Barquinho

10. Killer Joe - The Mlle * The Watusi: Killer Joe

11. LaVern Baker - Loads of Love

12. Mel Torme - There's a Broken Heart For every Light on Broadway * Lullaby of Birdland * Sunday In New York

13. Milt Jackson - Tenderly

14. Mr. Acker Bilk - Nobody Knows The Trouble * I Can't Get Started * Deep Purple * Greensleeves * Stranger on The Shore

15. Ray Charles - It Had to Be You * Come Rain or Come Shine * Deed I Do * Am I Blue

16. Raymond Lefevre Orchestra - Come Softly To Me * Too Much Tequila * The Cricket Serenade * Love in Portofino

17. Sergio Mendes - Favela * The Girl From Ipanema

18. The Drifters - Tonight * I Wish You Love * The Good Life

19. The Modern Jazz Quartet With Laurindo Almeida - Foi a Saudade * Fugue in A Minor * One Note Samba

20. LaVern Baker - Loads of Love

21. The Coasters - Easy Living

Edited by Rooster_Ties

i-1.JPG

Reel to Reel Continental Airlines No. 4 Stereo 4 Track 3 3/4 IPS. Reel in excellent condition. Box has light wear with a stained cover.

1. Andre Previn - Born to Be Blue

2. Bill Evans & Symphony Orchestra - More

3. Bing Crosby - Mountain Greenery

4. David Rose & His Orchstra - Love * You Stepped Out of a Dream

5. Ella Fitzgerald - Stairway to The Stars * So Rare

6. Fran Jefferies - Early Morning Blues

7. Fred Astaire - It Only Happens When I Dance With You

8. Johnny Hoges & His Strings - Nice Work

9. Julius LaRosa - It's Just a Matter of Time * Name

10. Lena Horne - The Lady is a Tramp

11. Les Elgart & His Orchestra - Little White Lies

12. Manuel & His Strings - Adios * Amor Amor

13. Margaret Whiting - Dearly Beloved

14. Mel Torme - Frenesei * Cuban Love Song

15. Ornadel & His Orchestra - Medley From Stop The World, I Want ot Get Off * The Song is You

16. Rosemary Clooney - With The Night

17. Russell Garcia & His Orchestra - Overture From Porgy & Bess

18. The George Shearing Quintet - The Continental

19. The Ray Charles Singers - Lullaby of The Leaves

i-1.JPG

Reel to Reel: American Airlines Popular Program No. 20 United Artists Stereo Tape W-20-W 4-Track 3 3/4 IPS Stereo. Box is in good condition, one split corner, some wear on cover and back cover. Reel in excellent condition.

Ferrante & Teicher - *On A Clear Day (You Can See forever) *What Now My Love*Ebb Tide *Golden Earrings *Rhapsody In Blue *Schubert's Serenade *The Last Time I Saw Paris *Blue Moon *Steven Foster Medley *Theme From "The Greatest Story Ever Told" *Unchained Melody *Theme From "A Summer Place" *Crystal fingers (Adapted From Tchaikovsky's Pathetique Symphony)

Lena Horne - *Wives And Lovers *Moon River *All The Way *A Fine Romance *Never On Sunday *I Love Paris *Softly As I Leave You *Hello Young Lovers *

LeRoy Holmes Orchestra - *The Sound Of Music *Theme From "Zorba The Greek" *I'll Take Sweden *

Bobby Goldsboro - *Yesterday *Michelle *As Tears Go By

Jule Styne - *All I Need Is The Girl/Together Wherever We Go/Everything's Coming Up Roses *Three Coins In The Fountain/I Don't Want To Walk Without You/I'm Just Taking My Time *People/You're My Girl/It's Magic *Comes Once In A Lifetime/Make Someone Happy/Time After Time *Bye Bye Baby/I've Heard That Song Before/Just In Time *Let Me Entertain You/There Goes That Song Again/It's Been A Long Long Time *Papa Won't You Dance With Me/Vict'ry Polka/I Met A Girl

Jimmy Roselli - *If I Had My Way *Carolina In The Morning *I'm Sorry That I Made You Cry *Manhattan *I Want A Girl (Just Like The Girl That Married Dear Old Dad) *

Al Caiola - *Cuando Calienta El Sol (Love Me With All Your Heart) *The Shadow Of Your Smile *Morgan *Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars *Baubles Bangles And Beads *Spanish Harlem *El Flicko *Pablo *Fascination *

Jordan Christopher - *The Knack *A Taste Of Honey *When That I Was A Little Boy *Our Day Will Come

Elmer Bernstein Orchestra - *Overture To "The Ten Commandments" *Dance Of Jethro's Daughters From The "The Ten Commandments" *Nefritiri ( From "The Ten Commandments") *Finale ("The Ten Commandments")

John Barry Orchestra - *Thunderball

Chucho Avellanet - *Vaya Con Dios *Ramona *I Can't Forget

i-1.JPG

Reel to Reel: American Airlines Popular Program No. 56 W-56-W JAZZ Ranwood & Cadet Stereo Tape 4-Track 3 3/4 IPS Stereo. Box is in excellent condition, some light wear on corners and sides, reel in excellent condition.

Lawrence Welk - *Those Were The Days *Hey Jude *Fascination (From "Love In The Afternoon") *Goin Out Of My Head *Watch What Happens (from "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg") *Honey *Am I That Easy To Forget *Gonna Get Along Without You Now *The Impossible Dream (from "The Man of La Mancha") *Anniversary Song

Soulful Strings - *Our Day Will Come *Alfie (from "Alfie") *Message To Michael *Sunny *California Dreamin' *A Lover's Concerto

Frank D'Rone - *Bluesette *Somewhere (from "West Side Story") *Make Me Rainbows

Exotic Guitars - Sound Of Music (from "Sound Of Music") *Moon River (from "Breakfast at Tiffany's") *Petite Fleur *Red Roses For A Blue Lady *Wonderland By Night *A Taste Of Honey *Autumn Leaves *A Man And A Woman (from "A Man and A Woman")

Ray Anthony - *Wichita Lineman *Help Yourself *I Get The Blues When It Rains *Lo Mucho Que Te Quiero (from "The More I Love You") *Stormy

Ramsey Lewis - *Do You Know The Way To San Jose *Emily (from "The Americanization of Emily") *Matchmaker Matchmaker (from "Fiddler on the Roof") *Spring Is Here *From Russia With Love (from "From Russia With Love") *It Might As Well Be Spring (from "State Fair") *Spring Will Be A Little Late This Year.

Ahmad Jamal - *Shadow Of Your Smile (from "The Sandpipers") *Where Is Love (from "Oliver") *I Hear A Rhapsody *C'Est Si Bon *Then I'll Be Tired Of You *Call Me Irresponsible

Damita Jo - *Harbor Lights *Never Let Me Go

Woody Herman - *I Say A Little Prayer *Light My Fire

Tanya Falan - *Let It Be Me *You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'

Ray Bryant - *To Sir With Love *Yesterday *Ode To Billie Joe

Jean DuShon - *What Now My Love *If I Ruled The World

Frank Scott - *This Guy's In Love With You *Dream A Little Dream Of Me

Marlena Shaw - *I Stayed Too Long At The Fair *Will I Find My Love Today

Clea Bradford - *The Thrill Is Gone *Anything Goes

i-1.JPG

Reel to Reel: American Airlines Astrostereo Popular Program No. 49 Dot Diva Bravo Stereo Tape W-49 4-Track 3 3/4 IPS Stereo. Box is in excellent condition, some light staining on side, reel in excellent condition.

Billy Vaughan - Soul Coaxin' * Let it Be Me * Deck The Halls * That Night * Little Green Apples * Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas * Gentle on My Mind * Love is Blue * My Special Angel * Theme From Valley of The Dolls

Frankie Carle - The Very Thought of You * My Blue Heaven * Got a Date With An Angel * Melody of Love

Greg Morris - That's All * The Twelfth of Never * Try to Remember

Jack Halloran Singers - The Little Drummer Boy

Leonard Nimoy - I'd Love Making Love to You * Sunny

Liberace - I Love a Piano * I Can't Give You Anything But Love * Medley: Love For Sale/What is This Thing Called Love * Easy to Love * You're Just in Love * I'm in The Mood For Love * Love is a Many Splendored Thing * L-O-V-E

Luiz Bonfa - Santa Cruz * The Good, The Bad & The Ugly * Samba De Orfeu * Do You Know The Way To San Jose?

Mia Farrow - Main Title from Rosemary's Baby

Midnight String Quartet - The Impossible Dream * Yesterday * What Now My Love * Can't Take My Eyes off You * Never My Love * Goin' Out of My Head * A Lover's Concerto * The Shadow of Your Smile * Winter Wonderland * Sleigh Ride * Tara's Theme

Midnight Voices - Mac Arthur Park * You Don't Have ot Say You Love Me * This Guy's in Love With You * The Look of Love

Mills Brothers - The Christmas Song * My Shy Violet * Rose (A Ring To The Name of Rose) * White Christmas * The OL' Race Track * By The Time I Get To Phoenix

Pat Boone - Baby * The Day After Forever * Gonna Find Me a Bluebird

Pete King Chorale - Days of Wine & Roses * Moon River * Michelle * Volare

Sounds Symposium - Dangling Conversation * Cloudy * Scarborough Fair/Canticle * The Sounds of Silence * The 59th Street Bridge Song * Mrs. Robinson

• 12 years later...