Tiptons Sax Quartet West Coast Tour: Dec 9-18

Johnny E

WEST COAST FRIENDS!!! I'm very fortunate to be touring the west coast with some of my favorite musicians - The Tiptons! I'm proud to say I will be the oly male musician. These women kick ass in a major way. We're hitting Bellingham, Seattle, Arcata, San Francisco, Berkeley, Ashland, Portland and more. I hope you can make it out to the show near you.

Tiptons Sax Quartet tours the US West Coast: 9-18 December, 2011

WEST COAST FRIENDS!!! I'm very fortunate to be touring the west coast with some of my favorite musicians - The Tiptons! I'm proud to say I will be the oly male musician. These women kick ass in a major way. We're hitting Bellingham, Seattle, Arcata, San Francisco, Berkeley, Ashland, Portland and more. I hope you can make it out to the show near you.

Tiptons Sax Quartet tours the US West Coast: 9-18 December, 2011

Weds 14 Dec: San Francisco CA 8pm

Beth Custer & BC Records

3227 Folsom Street

San Francisco, CA 94110

Reservations: bethcuster@bethcuster.com

Is this gig in someone's house?! I would definitely check this out except I'm leaving town that afternoon...

I'm proud to say that I actually own a Billy Tipton LP - and if my blues series ever gets issued in its entirety, he/she will be on the last volume (with a not-very-good version of Willow Weep for Me.)

Got ya beat, dude - I've got both of them.

I once made myself a mix CD consisting of alternating tracks - one by Billy Tipton and one by the sax quartet, etc.

I've heard one version Tipton made of Sweet Georgia Brown which actually sounds as though he/she might have had some jazz chops - is there anything on your record which might indicate same?

See the vinyl thread for my comments - I feel like we've gotten too far from the point of this thread, which is the incredible Johnny E's tour with the Tiptons.

I'm still pissed that my visit is a couple of weeks too late to catch them in Bellingham.