The All-Female Mosaic Project

brownie

I've been enjoying this recording. This looks like the first record Patric Rushen's made since Mike Clark put her back in a straight ahead context, and whatever she did in the past, on this she's solid; with Helen Sung and Geri she helps lay down a solid foundation on this album, and both Tineke Postma and Ingrid Jensen wail over it. A scattershot affair programatically, but for pulling out pieces individually this has been a kick (Michelle, Mosaic Triad and Insomiac). Esperanza's "Crayola" is one of her original love songs, which have their own vibe to them, only on this one she gets away with saying "shit" as in "I'm not going to put with your sh---" in a relationship song. Still need to read the article in the link above.

This is not associated with Mosaic Records, right? Just using the word "Mosaic' . . . .

Exactly.

I believe that 'Mosaic' is also the name of the latest Terri Lynne record (maybe Ms. Allen and Spaulding are on it ... dunno)

keith

Also correct.

But speaking of the Stamford Mosaic, Geri Allen's Blue Notes would make a fine Select, though oop copies are available on Amazon for very cheap.

I've been enjoying this recording. This looks like the first record Patric Rushen's made since Mike Clark put her back in a straight ahead context, and whatever she did in the past, on this she's solid; ...

Yes she is. She was on Stanley Clarke's standards trio set a few years ago and to me, the best player of the three.