Music to End or Start a Year?

Leeway

I've had a habit of starting the New Year with music that is special or hits the right theme (for me). I haven't given as much thought on music to wrap up the year, probably because I often go out on New Year's Eve. This year, I started off the New Year with Coltrane's "Sun Ship" followed by "Love Supreme." For the several preceding years, it was "Giant Steps" and "My Favorite Things." I haven't settled on this New Year's music.

Anyway, wondering if any of you do something similar, and if so, what music you play to usher out the old and bring in the new.

Last few years I have spent the first days of the new year listening critically to my work from the past year. Sounds pretentious but I find it necessary. Won't be able to do that much longer.

Sounds a bit ominous. unsure.gif Very much hope that is not the case.

Sales keep dropping as the outlets disappear and the demographic changes. I am usually willing to lose money to get a project out there. The current loss/gain ratio is crap. I have a few things in the hopper and my family can't stop me........yet.

I plan to listen to In the Court of the Crimson King - King Crimson on New Year's Day. I haven't heard the album entire yet, but I've already overplayed "21st Century Schizoid Man" and I'm fond of "Moonchild". I want to get into more jazz in general this year (the reason that I came back to this forum after having forgotten about it for quite some time).

I plan to listen to In the Court of the Crimson King - King Crimson on New Year's Day. I haven't heard the album entire yet, but I've already overplayed "21st Century Schizoid Man" and I'm fond of "Moonchild". I want to get into more jazz in general this year (the reason that I came back to this forum after having forgotten about it for quite some time).

:tup Can't go wrong with King Crimson.

Welcome back.