Looking for poster from "My Name Is Albert Ayler" documentary

l p

if you want to sell your copy, please contact me.

shop.jpg

this website does not reply to purchase queries.

thanks.

I've been hoping for a DVD release, but so far no go. Have you seen the film? It's really fabulous. I was lucky to catch it at Anthology Film Archives, in NY, and the filmmaker did a Q&A.

i have the film. the only live footage is some very small clips from a 1966 european show, 1970 fondation maeght, and silent new york eye and ear control. but it's mostly talking heads. all the live footage probably totals to about 5 minutes.

Is there even any more footage extant than this? I realize I've never seen Ayler on film before.

i have the film. the only live footage is some very small clips from a 1966 european show, 1970 fondation maeght, and silent new york eye and ear control. but it's mostly talking heads. all the live footage probably totals to about 5 minutes.

Is there even any more footage extant than this? I realize I've never seen Ayler on film before.

Albert Ayler (w. Donald Ayler, Call Cobbs, Junie Booth, and Milford Graves) was filmed at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery in Buffalo in late winter/early spring of 1968. I have no idea what happened with the film. Cecil Taylor's group was also filmed some time earlier - all part of the same arts festival. I attended both concerts and remember the cameras being present.

Edited by paul secor