[FS] Marantz PM5004 Integrated Amp

Up for sale is a very lightly used Marantz PM5004 Integrated Amplifier. I purchased this for use on my secondary system and I had it in play for only about 3 months last year, which equates to about 50 to 100 hours of playing time. I used it for LP (Moving Magnet) and SACD playback through my B&W Nautilus 805s's and it sounded very nice. I have the original shipping box.

I am only offering this up because I bought a Rotel RA-1052 at a significant savings... one of those offers I couldn't refuse. This Marantz amp is not better or worse than the Rotel that replaced it and I would have been very happy sticking with it.

My Rotel impulse purchase gives you a chance to buy this Marantz for a very nice price.

$320 including shipping to a US address. It's selling for $449 new all over the web. No used units out there right now.

Buyers from other countries need to be aware of the line voltage and shipping will be at actual cost (this includes Canada).

I prefer PayPal, but if you must use a check, let me know and we can work it out.

Specs (from http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pa...oductId=PM5004):

THD: 0.05% (20Hz - 20kHz, 8 ohms)

Input Sensitivity/Impedance: PHONO(MM): 2.2mV/47k ohms, LINE: 200mV/20k ohms

Frequency response: 10Hz – 50kHz +0dB, -1dB

S/N Ratio: PHONO(MM): 83dB (5mV input, 1W output), LINE: 103dB (2V input, 8 ohms, Rated output)

Number of Channels: 2

Output Power: 35W (8 ohms), 45W (4 ohms) (20Hz - 20kHz)

Power Transformer: EI

Current Feedback Amplifier Pre Amplifier and Power Amplifier

Speaker Terminal: Transparent screw-type x2 pair

Tone Control: Bass (100Hz): +/- 10dB, Treble (10kHz): +/- 10dB

Source Direct: Yes

Speaker A/B: Yes

Music Direct has a nice write up on this Marantz amp here: http://www.musicdirect.com/p-12627-m...rated-amp.aspx. They are right about the power rating. It is very conservative. I was easily able to crank this up too loud for the small room it was in. Also, the MM phono input sounds very nice.

Kevin