who else would you like to have heard play/record w/ Miles?

Rooster_Ties

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.. I'd be happy about more than that one Miles solo with Prince, though!

There's a "private recording" of a New Year's eve gig tha Princes did, & Miles sits in...Prince kids him by saying "Aren't you up past your bedtime, Miles?"

Miles brought nothing particularly profound to the ocasion, but Prince uses the entire evening to play a bunch of "party band" staples about as well as they've ever been played by damn near anybody. The tape is worth it for that.

.. I'd be happy about more than that one Miles solo with Prince, though!

There's a "private recording" of a New Year's eve gig tha Princes did, & Miles sits in...Prince kids him by saying "Aren't you up past your bedtime, Miles?"

Miles brought nothing particularly profound to the ocasion, but Prince uses the entire evening to play a bunch of "party band" staples about as well as they've ever been played by damn near anybody. The tape is worth it for that.

That's what I'm talking of! It's pretty good indeed - and I'd enjoy to hear some more of it, maybe even with better Miles... his solo fits in well into that party groove, but that's about it.

So Sting's the policeman on the MD album with the most ridiculous of all covers, then?

That's all?

I thought Miles was the policeman and Sting interjected a bit of 'cod French' into the intro? :rolleyes:

Sorry, but I really don't give a **** about that :)

This would likely be about the first Miles album I'd trash... (Doo-Wop can go along with it... never got "Dingo" yet, maybe the one official MD release I don't have, except for a few Japanese ones)

Edited by king ubu

I would have liked to have heard Bennie Maupin on tenor with Miles, and particularly live.

Maupin brings it on Chick Corea's "IS" sessions (with Miles' actual 2nd quintet rhythm section), and with much of the kind of energy that Shorter brought around the same time. I think Bennie would have been an interesting sub for Wayne.

• 2 months later...

Harold Land

Yeah, but specifically 1) the "Medina/Spiral"-era of Harold (i.e. the Harold of 1968) -- with 2) the "Miles Smiles"-era of Miles (i.e. the Miles of 1966).

That, or else specifically the "when he was with Carmell Jones"-era of Harold (early 60's) -- with the "Four & More, Live in '64"-era of Miles.