"first time on CD" Blue Note re-issues in last 10 yrs?

Rooster_Ties

Just today I noticed Blue Mitchell's "Bantu Village" here on the Dusty Groove site, first time ever on CD (far as I know).

What ELSE -- what other BN titles have come out on CD for the very first time, say, over the last five years or so??

Many thanks for helping develop a list.

Anything within the last 5 (make that 10) years or so, though that's not a hard cut-off date. But especially anything reissued by a label OTHER THAN Blue Note (stuff beyond the RVG series here in the US). Titles that may have been part of some long-out-of-print Mosaic (as their only prior CD issue) can also be included.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

remastered from the original masters, then copied onto a 1630 and fed-exed to england. no way this cd is from the original master tapes

the only reason to buy this, is if you cant make a needledrop copy yourself for your car, and you MUST cruise to some bantu village

Edited by chewy

Have to say that - although 'Bantu Village' is a pleasant listen (I have it on LP), it isn't one of those Blue Notes that I would lose sleep over not having. Not a patch on the Blue Mitchell Blue Note sessions that are in the Mosaic box.

Good that the Soul Brother guys in Putney have resurrected it though.

Edited by sidewinder

Is this relatively recent to CD for the first time? - (meaning within the last 5-ish years). It's not one I remember ever seeing on CD.

Grant Green - Shades of Green

I didn't know that was on CD. Anyone got details?

MG

Trivia point: The electric pianist on this date, Emmanuel Riggins, is the father of the great young Detroit-born drummer Karriem Riggins (Ray Brown, Mulgrew Miller, Roy Hargrove, etc.), who is also a major league hip hip producer and drummer (Common, J Dilla, etc.)

Edited by Mark Stryker

Modified the subject of the topic to say anything within the last 10 years (not just 5).

Anyone know what titles were in the very last batch of domestic (US) RVG's?? Or maybe the last 2 batches??

How about the very last batch or two of Rare Grooves??

I'll dig around and find out the very last batch of Conns (that'll be easier info to find, I think).

Did "Water" ever come out with any other obscure late 60's / early 70's BN titles?

I have Lou Donaldson's "Say It Loud", and both of the Eddie Gale's -- and seem to remember there were one or two others (that didn't interest me as much). Anyone have a full list?

I just picked up Water's 2004 reissue of A Groovy Situation by Reuben Wilson a week or so ago.

Heaven on Earth by Larry Young - came out in the last year or two - can't recall the re-issuer offhand (have it at home)

2010 copyright on this disc. I got mine at Dusty Groove in May of 2010. Would love to have a new reissue of Contrasts.

You can say that again. After all, "you know who" is on that date. :excited:

Heaven on Earth by Larry Young - came out in the last year or two - can't recall the re-issuer offhand (have it at home)

2010 copyright on this disc. I got mine at Dusty Groove in May of 2010. Would love to have a new reissue of Contrasts.

You can say that again. After all, "you know who" is on that date. :excited:

I do know who is on this date - well, I don't but I can check - but which 'you know who' is the stand out in your mind?