BruceW

Noj

• 1 month later...

OMG

Hello My Friends,

Yes, I have been offline for quite some time. I have been in and out on other websites also. Yes, I am fine but... (will explain a little later).

First, seems when Organissimo changes their bulletin board design, I got caught up in not being able to find access to profile and a few other things. I gave up for awhile. Second the colors were a little stressing for me (light pastels against a bright white background)(in short I loved the old format and colors, it made the website unique.) Then I tried again to learn the nuances of this new format and failed again. And as a result, I neglected to check-in anywhere near the frequency I did before all the changes. I apologize to everyone.

Now, my cancer is in practically complete remission (am told it never really goes away). All the problems I had with the post complications are non existent now except for urgency being rather important.

I slacked off my vibe playing for awhile and took up bowling so I would have a more social existance. I was doing fine and my comeback was on track. (When I was "younger" I had obtained an average of 194 but that was 38 years ago). When I started back (this past summer) I managed a 154-160 average BUT I sustained leg injury which was actually a re injury to the same leg injury when I stopped bowling at 194. You know, we guys never grow old in our minds but for our bodies it is a different story. Well, I did not recognize the seriousness of this new injury and kept bowling on into the present winter season. Lo and behold, two weeks ago I suffered a double hamstring injury (both legs) and I'm through, washed out, fini as they say. Wow, what an experience. Right now I am taped up and wearing ice packs on my knee and upper legs. But, don't fret, somehow I managed to keep my interest amd blood flowing in music and my vibes all that time. So, if you can excuse the undershorts, you can see my legs bandaged up and my utilizing an icepack.

NO, I am not down in the dumps, in fact, I feel blessed. I am still alive and very much still into my music. Now, if we can just get the economy going again, you know, some more clubs to perform in, people using live bands etc. smile! And, it was very nice to be browsing through the forums and topics and find this very concerned thread. Thank you very much Noj for opening this topic.

p.s. just discovered the picture file was too large to attach, but I think everyone got the idea.

Edited by BruceW

Just so you know...music to bowling is a adding-of-intersts that more than a few musician friends of mine have done the last few years. I'd say you're in good company.

Gald to hear that the cancer's in remission, and let that hamstring thing be a message to just slow down a bit, not to give up!

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and also the words of wisdom regarding my situation. I really appreciate it.

Will stay in touch. :party::party::party:

BruceW :bwallace:

p.s. Noj, can't imagine Rasheed Wallace as a Laker, can you? Is there a thread for this?

Good to see you check in Bruce, and glad to hear you're in fine spirits. :tup

(I think there may be a way to customize the color scheme here if the default isn't to your liking. I seem to remember messing around with that at some point, although it might have been the previous design.)

Good to see you check in Bruce, and glad to hear you're in fine spirits. :tup

(I think there may be a way to customize the color scheme here if the default isn't to your liking. I seem to remember messing around with that at some point, although it might have been the previous design.)

Thanks but I still haven't found anything yet but it did make me go through a lot of options again for familiarity and info.

Bruce

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and also the words of wisdom regarding my situation. I really appreciate it.

Will stay in touch. :party::party::party:

BruceW :bwallace:

p.s. Noj, can't imagine Rasheed Wallace as a Laker, can you? Is there a thread for this?

I can't imagine Sheed in purple and gold, but it is somewhat surprising he isn't still in the NBA. Usually guys with his size and shooting ability stick around longer if they're healthy.

The NBA discussion here has been dormant for a while.