FA: The entire collection of Verve Elite CDs

vibes

Wow. Is this all there was? Glad the Dickerson was included. That is a special date.

So vibes, looks like you are clearing everything out?

I believe that's all of them. I worked long and hard to find all those CDs, and while this might possibly be my favorite reissue series ever done, it was time to let them go. Now someone else can enjoy them...particularly that Dickerson date. That's my favorite of the bunch, hence my "vibes" handle. :)

I am actually in the process of clearing everything out, and the reasons why probably deserve their own post. One of these days I may write them all down.

If a winner wins multiple discs, will there be a reduction in postage? Not that it matters in my case cuz I'll pay it regardless. :)

And yes, that Dickerson is a mighty fine date indeed! Kudos to whoever scoops that up.

And the Edison, too. Makes we wish there was a Verve Sweets Mosaic of some sort!

The 3-disc Motion is more than just essential for any serious Konitz buff.

Glad that I scored it when it was still available. Will have to listen again, soon! (I loves me some Konitz!)

Glad that I have the Dickerson and the Konitz, among others. Nice series!

I put in a bid on that one.. Been looking for it for a while.

The 3-disc Motion is more than just essential for any serious Konitz buff.

Glad that I scored it when it was still available. Will have to listen again, soon! (I loves me some Konitz!)

Glad that I have the Dickerson and the Konitz, among others. Nice series!

I wonder what the Sweets Edison release will go for ... there was a time after it went OOP that some dealers had some pretty wild prices on it.

The Sweets Edison date can't hold a candle to what that Lalo Schifrin CD was going for back in the day. Didn't a copy sell on ebay for almost $300 one time... or was it $500? The Alan Shorter CD fetched some good money for a while too.

Kevin

It's amazing looking at that list. At the the time it seemed as if the stream of high quality reissues would never stop. It was a great series very well done but certainly quite expensive here in the UK . In the pre-internet days I paid IIRC around £44 for the Konitz which seemed a lot at the time, although I've never regretted it !!! I ordered it though a local store who had real problems sourcing it.

It's amazing looking at that list. At the the time it seemed as if the stream of high quality reissues would never stop. It was a great series very well done but certainly quite expensive here in the UK . In the pre-internet days I paid IIRC around £44 for the Konitz which seemed a lot at the time, although I've never regretted it !!! I ordered it though a local store who had real problems sourcing it.

Yes, they were a bit of rarity in the UK - Tower UK was probably the best UK source of them - but as you say they were very expensive. Quite a few I ended up getting from Tower in the US (nothing like going to the 'horses mouth') e.g the Konitz Motion. A few, like the Lalo Schifrin and Alan Shorter, required a major internet trawl to get hold of.

I have them all but the Dinah Washington. I bid on that, but I'm not going to spend a lot!

It eluded me too - but rest assured I won't bid. :)

Edited by sidewinder

I can remember a copy of the Lalo Schifrin CD sitting in a shop (primarily Rock/Punk/Alternative) for 5-6 years here in Brisbane; I think it was still part of the stock when the shop eventually shut down (never sold).

Don't think it was frequented by Jazz afficonados that often.

Can't believe that the Billy Bauer title didn't sell at $5, even. That one's a gem.

And the Collector's Disc went way cheap!

Oh, they all sold, including Billy Bauer. Someone's a lucky man--I listen to this one more than any of the other titles. I love the opening track.