Joe Carroll on Epic - Ever Reissued Anywhere?

JSngry

I mean, you got some fine solos Jimmy Oliver, Ray Bryant, Seldon Powell, Jimmy Cleveland, Urbie Green, Hank Jones, Oscar Pettifor, etc.

You also got at most 30 minutes worth of music, and, of course, Joe Carroll. But ti ain't a perfect world.

Has this thing been reissued anywhere, in any form, in whole or in part? I just paid a buck for a "well worn" LP, and I can almost always hear the drums...

carrollEpic.jpg

IIRC there was a very limited Japanese reissue, but I didn't succeed in getting a copy ... many moons ago, that is.

LP or CD?

The bands on these cuts are really, really kicking. Seems like maybe something else could be combined with it to get a decent value.

Or could have been combined...probably not going to happen now, although maybe Collectables or some other Rescuer Of The Arcane might stumble across it. Probably not, though.

Edited by JSngry

I love Joe Carroll. I saw him ca. 1976 on a jazz "cruise" on the Hudson. He was singing with Howard McGhee. I think Red Rodney and Charles McPherson might have also been on the bill. Very nice guy--I mentioned I had an Italian bootleg of a Dizzy L.A. Shrine concert where Joe was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...