SK1 8 pin lead why so expensive

mark58

SK1 8 pin lead why so expensive. Just saved all my pennys and bought a SK1 does not come with an 8 pin lead to connect to my Leslie 2102 ( didnt expect it really but what was a shock was the cost of £89.00 From Hammond UK.

So my question is does anyone have a scetch of the wiring so i can make one up for a fraction on the material costs..

Or give me a good reason why i should buy an Origianal from Suzuki.....Comments or help please.

Mark58

I think the 8pin cable is wired direct pin to pin. You can purchase 8pin DIN connectors for around $1 a piece and wired up your own if you don't want to pay for the Hammond.

One of my beefs with Hammond is the quality of the interconnects they use and how much they charge for them. I have Leslie cables that are 50+ years old and still function perfectly and are not loose when you connect them to their male counterparts on the Leslie amp. But the modern 6pin Leslie cable and the modern 11pin cable I bought from Hammond have broken plastic centers and are loose after several years of use. The DIN connectors on my XK System are easily bent and are starting to act up as well. I'm going to replace them all with my own cables made from solid DIN connectors with metal chassis (such as the ones from Switchcraft) and high-quality Amphenol connectors for the 6pin and 11pin Leslies.

I just bought these connectors to make a DC/DC interconnect for my modular dotcom synthesizer and they are very sturdy.

http://www.newark.com/deltron-emcon/610-0600/connector-din-audio-plug-6way/dp/69K6081?Ntt=69K6081

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...