fasstrack

www.joeraposo.org

I'm a big fan, and have written children's songs myself. His music had

such heart and musicality. His songs have been embraced by many---

public and performer----with good reason. They view kids as people

(and probably people as kids). They just have the basics. This site

has a really nice slideshow summarizing Raposo's career up to his

untimely 1989 death at only 52.

When my kids were growing up, we got a steady diet of Raposo songs from Sesame Street. Lots of good stuff there, for sure.

Remember the Buddy Rich version of "Bein' Green" where Buddy sang it? Supposedly it was his favorite song.

For more hidden gems in a children's song context, watch a bunch of old Mister Rogers shows. Don't know if John Costa co-wrote them with Fred Rogers or not, but there's some good songs there.

Edited by JSngry

When my kids were growing up, we got a steady diet of Raposo songs from Sesame Street. Lots of good stuff there, for sure.

Remember the Buddy Rich version of "Bein' Green" where Buddy sang it? Supposedly it was his favorite song.

For more hidden gems in a children's song context, watch a bunch of old Mister Rogers shows. Don't know if John Costa co-wrote them with Fred Rogers or not, but there's some good songs there.

He had a live band too. I remember either Rogers or Sesame Street had Eric Kloss as a guest playing and speaking about blindness. Mister Rogers had great music its entire run.

there's also a Jackie McLean version of Being Green, IIRC.

John Costa, by the way, was a GREAT pianist. When Wynton was on Mr. Rogers he mouthed "who is this guy?" during one of Costa's solos.

and strangely enough, though there was a real stylistic resemblance (he did a very similar kind of block chording), he was not related to Eddie Costa.

Edited by AllenLowe