• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/20/2021 at 7:36 PM, Late said:

Playing this one right now. Sound is so much better than on the old Black Lion CD. Bass is less muffled, stereo separation is cleaner. Peter Pfister didn't remaster this one; instead, one Michael Brändli. 

10453076-ezz_thetics_1108-1-1_600x540px-

11193518-ezz_thetics_1108-4_600x540px_pa

Got it. Will listen today.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

In view of the excitement around the Seattle set, what on earth is the reason that the remaining Half Note recordings haven't been released formally? They're a revelation.

Totally agree. "Creation" is one of Coltrane's greatest recorded moments in my opinion.

I can't imagine exactly who the target audience is for this current release on hat/ezz-thetics. I'm sure it's a nice reissue, but still.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the hathut website:

"You have experienced our growing number of Revisited issues on ezz-thetics. We have more plans for this series, but need your support by donations in the existing difficult times of the COVID-19 pandemic. Your contribution is highly welcome and will be honored by more upcoming new CDs by new artists, but also from artists we have already presented but need to be completed by additional CDs. Please click on „Donate" to get connected with the PayPal system for your donation.

We plan further CD releases of the series Revisited,  for which we offer a participation that the CD of your choice will be personalized with your name. This could read like: A… B… made a financial contribution to the release of this CD. In addition, we offer you CDs free of charge to your address. If you'd like to follow this concept, please contact by revisited.ezz-thetics@bluewin.ch for further information about a possible realization."

So it sounds like, with an ample enough donation, and with Werner's consent, you can get a producer credit for a reissue of your choice. Maybe hathut can be the label to reissue Bill Barron's Motivation! Seriously.

What other titles would fit with the Revisited concept? If they're going to reissue Coltrane's 1961 Village Vanguard recordings (kind of a waste, in my opinion), they could dig deeper and reissue some of the unreleased Half Note recordings, or other previously bootlegged live work. And that's just Coltrane ...

R-2820135-1302505027.jpeg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, romualdo said:

leased from Blue Note?? Why???

these releases are getting more & more perplexing

Assuming that they can sell CDs at all, which judging by this reissue program they can, it seems like a good idea to pull out these two titles. I hope that we can avoid another “is it legit?“ debate…

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...