Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
medjuck

"Half-Blood Blues"

4 posts in this topic

I've just started Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugayan in which Louis Armstrong, John Hammond and Bill Coleman are minor characters. The book makes reference to Pops hating Hammond. I can think of why he might

Hammond wrote several despairing things about Armstrong's latter day playing but is Pops on record anywhere about hating Hammond? Seems to me Pops hardly bad-mouthed anyone.

I'll write more about the book when I finish it. It's a bit of a sensation in Canada.

I've just started Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugayan in which Louis Armstrong, John Hammond and Bill Coleman are minor characters. The book makes reference to Pops hating Hammond. I can think of why he might

Hammond wrote several despairing things about Armstrong's latter day playing but is Pops on record anywhere about hating Hammond? Seems to me Pops hardly bad-mouthed anyone.

I'll write more about the book when I finish it. It's a bit of a sensation in Canada.

Just about to start it myself, Medjuck. Remember, it's FICTION.

Just about to start it myself, Medjuck. Remember, it's FICTION.

Of course, but she seems to have researched it pretty well and to make a passing statement like that suggests to me that she must have read it somewhere.