NBA 2012

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not deep enough, but it's sure going to be fun to watch. Between Nash and Gasol, the passing will be beautiful. The defense, not so pretty (although Dwight will shore up the middle better than Bynum). The bench also has added scoring with Antawn Jamison and Jodie Meeks.

It gives the Lakers a puncher's chance at the title, whereas last year I knew they didn't have any chance at all.

Probably not deep enough, but it's sure going to be fun to watch. Between Nash and Gasol, the passing will be beautiful. The defense, not so pretty (although Dwight will shore up the middle better than Bynum). The bench also has added scoring with Antawn Jamison and Jodie Meeks.

It gives the Lakers a puncher's chance at the title, whereas last year I knew they didn't have any chance at all.

I'm all for it. While not a fan I'm not a hater either, but as I see a Laker game almost every week during the season w/ a couple of SoCal expats I'm all for seeing a more entertaining team. As you note the passing should be fun as well as watching how Kobe adjusts to handling the ball less and the soap opera of how Dwight fits in and whatever is going on Metta's world.

• 1 month later...

Lakers are going ALL THE WAY! I'm looking forward to the NBA season, big time. I found the baseball season very dull for some reason, but with Superman with the Lakers now, along with Kobe, Nash, and Gasol, they might be able to beat OKC and Miami. I don't think I can take back-to-back Heat titles.

Not sure about that remember when they got The Mailman and The Glove?

I don't think either of those players were expected to do too much, more like "shut up, don't make waves, and we'll let you hang on for a possible ring." Nash is coming off a good season, Howard was a huge Drama Queen last year, with the Lakers, there can be only one Drama Queen, and Kobe already has that spot nailed down, so Superman will have to cool his jets while Kobe is around. It'll be interesting to see how the team will mesh, and if Howard can be a supporting cast member, and not the star. Besides, we're not talking about " NY Knicks Old" here either.

They haven't played a game, and some clowns are saying the Lakers will beat the Bulls 72-10 regular season mark. I'm still not buying they will have the chemistry or the depth to beat OKC much less Miami, and will believe they're a great team when they prove it.

They haven't played a game, and some clowns are saying the Lakers will beat the Bulls 72-10 regular season mark. I'm still not buying they will have the chemistry or the depth to beat OKC much less Miami, and will believe they're a great team when they prove it.

Wasn't Artest the one who started that nonsense? Maybe he should go back to the World Meta Peace name. I'd see a 55-60 win season, but when it's all said and done, they still have to beat Oklahoma City, that that will be tough -- OKC will be one scary team to face in the playoffs.