NBA 2012

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil is the only guy known for stating "I want to see you in MY office, NOW." So if New York basically has a great core group and one dissenter, that is only a minor problem for Phil to solve.

I forgot to mention that he said that to a title less Michael Jordan. He jumped directly on Michael (the most talented and the ego problem at the time) and the rest is history.

Greg Oden is only 24YO but his knees are 124YO

He's played 82 games in 5 years

He looked like he was 35 when he was 19.

I'm not much of a Blazer fan and less one of the NBA, but I have to admit when the team stumbled into the #1 pick in 2007 and took Oden, it sure seemed like things were looking up. Together with Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge, it made it seem that all the "Jail Blazer" years everyone suffered through would be a thing of the past and that a second championship was not out of the question. That was then and this is now. In the course of one day, Portland has blown up as much of this as they could and I'm sure if it had worked out, they would have detonated a couple of more charges by the names of Felton and Crawford. The biggest problem we have here is that Paul Allen thinks he knows basketball. He and his clandestine cronies at Vulcan Enterprises in Seattle manipulate everything. Two years ago, he ditched a very promising young GM in Kevin Pritchard and then, last year, tossed his replacement, Rich Cho, under the bus because they couldn't see eye to eye on basketball related matters. Since then, we've been the only team in professional sports operating without a general manager. It's a complete mess that, unfortunately, isn't going to be cleaned up in the foreseeable future. It's too bad because the Blazers have some of the most rabid fans in the league. They deserve better.

BTW, if you're interested, the Blazers paid Greg Oden approximately $71,000 per basket while he was with the team.

Edited by Dave James

Magic Johnson is my favorite basketball player of all time and one of my childhood heroes. I thought he was going to die soon thereafter.

If you're going to judge NBA players for promiscuity you're going to have an awful short list of players to root for. My guess is you're not much of a basketball fan at all, and should troll elsewhere.

Magic Johnson is my favorite basketball player of all time and one of my childhood heroes. I thought he was going to die soon thereafter.

If you're going to judge NBA players for promiscuity you're going to have an awful short list of players to root for. My guess is you're not much of a basketball fan at all, and should troll elsewhere.

I'm not trolling, and I bring up a very valid point. If you have no sympathy for those he infected, then it's you who have some integrity issues.

And yes, I know promiscuity runs rampant in b-ball. Shawn Kemp: 12 kids from 11 women. D'oh!

And fwiw, Magic was one of my favorite players during my childhood. I fully and happily recognize his greatness as an athlete. That does not excuse his indiscretions. Sorry.

One cannot grow up in NYC and NOT be a basketball fan.

I'm not trolling, and I bring up a very valid point. If you have no sympathy for those he infected, then it's you who have some integrity issues.

And yes, I know promiscuity runs rampant in b-ball. Shawn Kemp: 12 kids from 11 women. D'oh!

And fwiw, Magic was one of my favorite players during my childhood. I fully and happily recognize his greatness as an athlete. That does not excuse his indiscretions. Sorry.

WHOA,

Now you are again making assumptions. No one knows if he infected anyone else other than the contact he had that infected him. Remember his wife and kid were not infected and he had a loving (on whatever level) relationship with her.

WHOA,

Now you are again making assumptions. No one knows if he infected anyone else other than the contact he had that infected him. Remember his wife and kid were not infected and he had a loving (on whatever level) relationship with her.

When the Magic/HIV news broke, supposedly the women he had sexual contact with were tested and none tested positive, except for the woman who infected him. She later died. If there were wmoen infected by Magic, there would have been lawsuits and new stories. That didn't happen. I'm not defending whatever Magic did, but let's not put stuff out there that can't be backed up.

• 2 weeks later...

The lead eventually increased to 39 but then the Magic roared back going on a 19-0 run (after the Knicks had gone on a 21-0 run). However, they had spent their magic so to speak and Knicks won by 24. Howard a non-factor. Melo busting it on D and just a great win overall.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish Lamar was still anchoring the Lakers' bench. Perennial 6th man of the year, and the Lakers just threw him away because he got pissy. Mitch and Jim should have just told him to STFU and play instead of discarding him.

I wish Lamar was still anchoring the Lakers' bench. Perennial 6th man of the year, and the Lakers just threw him away because he got pissy. Mitch and Jim should have just told him to STFU and play instead of discarding him.

Maybe they did tell him STFU and he couldn't take it and that is why he asked out. Anyway, too bad for Lamar, too bad for Dallas, and too bad for Lakers. A lose lose lose situation.

Hey, what if???? Big Shot Billups had not gone down with an injury? Would Clippers have solidified 3rd seed??

Whoa, Derrick Rose is so rusty. He came so close to losing the match-up with the Heat (and that game they lost to Knicks was due to the poor foul shooting of Rose and Deng down the stretch -- hate it when that happens), and it was almost entirely the bench that saved the day (though I have to admit that Boozer is playing much better this year, even his D is marginally better). Bulls bench 47 points -- Heat bench 7 points! (Even Wade is saying that the coach ought to utilize the bench more...) I thought there was no way the Bulls would come back, but the Heat completely wilted after the Bulls tied it up in the last seconds and then they played like a broken team in OT. That is going to be a loss they remember come ECF time!

Rose has got to get it together, but something is definitely wrong with him and I fear he will push too hard and come back too early (given how little time there is remaining to get back in game condition). As well as the Bulls play without Rose, I still can't see them winning a title if he is completely off his game (or out with injury).

Maybe they did tell him STFU and he couldn't take it and that is why he asked out. Anyway, too bad for Lamar, too bad for Dallas, and too bad for Lakers. A lose lose lose situation.

Hey, what if???? Big Shot Billups had not gone down with an injury? Would Clippers have solidified 3rd seed??

Lamar Odom was losing a step or two anyway.

Besides, his ego would continue to be a thorn in the Lakres' side and be more of a disruption than a help. Terrell Owens, abeit the NFL, is another prime example of a talent nobody wants.

Good news is with last night's win over the Nuggets, Lakers are playoff bound!

Edited by GoodSpeak

DRose has now missed over 25 games this year for FIVE separate injuries. What are the chances now that he will be able to play at full strength for the playoffs? As much as I love this Bulls team and the way they play, I will be surprised if they can pull it all together to get past the Heat or Celtics.

Hope I'm wrong.