NBA 2012

These playoffs are already nuts. Amar'e Stoudamire was so angry after Game 2 against the Heat that he punched a fire extinguisher box in the arena and seriously lacerated his hand. Now he's likely to be out along with Lin and Shumpert.

So of the 8 playoff teams in the East, the Knicks have imploded, Rondo has screwed the Celts, the Bulls are going to have to do it without Rose and the Magic are a giant hot mess. I never expected to think that the Hawks or Pacers had any reasonable shot of making it to the conference finals.

This goes to what I was saying about the Knicks. The question I have is: do the Knicks now have the guts to suspend Stoudemire w/o pay indefinitely? I already know the answer, and this is the problem with sports today. The inmates are running the asylum. As a matter of fact, I believe that the only remaining major sport where this is even close to being untrue is hockey. There are lots of reasons for this, but I won't go into them here.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These playoffs are already nuts. Amar'e Stoudamire was so angry after Game 2 against the Heat that he punched a fire extinguisher box in the arena and seriously lacerated his hand. Now he's likely to be out along with Lin and Shumpert.

So of the 8 playoff teams in the East, the Knicks have imploded, Rondo has screwed the Celts, the Bulls are going to have to do it without Rose and the Magic are a giant hot mess. I never expected to think that the Hawks or Pacers had any reasonable shot of making it to the conference finals.

This goes to what I was saying about the Knicks. The question I have is: do the Knicks now have the guts to suspend Stoudemire w/o pay indefinitely? I already know the answer, and this is the problem with sports today. The inmates are running the asylum. As a matter of fact, I believe that the only remaining major sport where this is even close to being untrue is hockey. There are lots of reasons for this, but I won't go into them here.

the knicks were a much better team without stoude.....

Knicks break record for the number of consecutive playoff losses with their 13th last night. Believe it or not, with this current group of management bumbleheads, I could see this getting a lot worse before it gets better.

First order of business: ditch Melo. He is neither a great all-around player nor a great leader. Anyone who plays half the game (the offensive half) can't be. Anyone who lays down on a coach is off my team if I'm the owner.

What a joke the Knicks have become.

Knicks break record for the number of consecutive playoff losses with their 13th last night. Believe it or not, with this current group of management bumbleheads, I could see this getting a lot worse before it gets better.

First order of business: ditch Melo. He is neither a great all-around player nor a great leader. Anyone who plays half the game (the offensive half) can't be. Anyone who lays down on a coach is off my team if I'm the owner.

What a joke the Knicks have become.

Never happen -- 'Melo is Dolan's favorite and who is the world is going to go after Amare and his 20 million a year contract? Isiah is bound to be involved in the decision making for the Knicks, so it's going to get WAY worse...

The Knicks have really been snakebitten by injuries this year and they had a coaching change. Losing Stoudemire and Shumpert choked out whatever life was left in their season.

They had a coaching change? It was a "forced" coaching change. And for all those paying attention, the Knicks never had any life in their season. They are a rag-tag bunch of mismatched players thrown together to justify the inordinately high ticket prices. This will ALWAYS be their m.o.

Well, the Bulls are truly cursed and there really is no point in watching the next game. With DRose and Jo out and Deng in a deep funk (and presumably still bothered by his left wrist), they might as well pack it up. I'm certainly done watching the playoffs this year. It's not remotely enjoyable any more.

I do want to point out that replays have shown that quite a few Philly fans were cheering and clapping when Joakim went down, maybe even the majority of folks in the stands. Nice one, assholes. :tdown There probably have been a few times when I thought a player deserved a hard foul, but I have never cheered when an opponent went down. Hope karma bites you on the ass and Philly goes 100 years before winning another championship in any sport. :angry:

Well, the Bulls are truly cursed and there really is no point in watching the next game. With DRose and Jo out and Deng in a deep funk (and presumably still bothered by his left wrist), they might as well pack it up. I'm certainly done watching the playoffs this year. It's not remotely enjoyable any more.

I do want to point out that replays have shown that quite a few Philly fans were cheering and clapping when Joakim went down, maybe even the majority of folks in the stands. Nice one, assholes. :tdown There probably have been a few times when I thought a player deserved a hard foul, but I have never cheered when an opponent went down. Hope karma bites you on the ass and Philly goes 100 years before winning another championship in any sport. :angry:

Yeah, that's right. Judge all Philly sports fans by the behavior displayed by a few. Like Chicago sports fans are saints. Good luck to you too sweetheart.

I think out of the 4 major sports in North America the NBA's officiating is hands down the worst. And that's really saying something when you take into account MLB's umps. Case in point - the officiating in the Bulls/Sixers series has definitely favored the Sixers. I mean there's no way the Sixers come back in the 4th in game 4 if the refs don't swallow their whistles. You would think that after the whole Tim Donaghy fiasco that the NBA would try to do something to restore the fans' faith in the integrity of the game but no. I mean, how does Joey Crawford still have a job?? What a joke.

Man. Tough game for the Nuggets. My feeling is that they are like a younger, rawer version of the Heat. No size down low, but dangerous in transition. 3 or 4 better decisions by their guards in this game and they send LA packing.

I dunno.

Denver had a mediocre season topped off by a just-glad-to-be-here playoff appearance. The Lakers are notorious for having down games against less than stellar teams. If they would have tried, the Nuggets would have been gone in four.

Man. Tough game for the Nuggets. My feeling is that they are like a younger, rawer version of the Heat. No size down low, but dangerous in transition. 3 or 4 better decisions by their guards in this game and they send LA packing.

I dunno.

Denver had a mediocre season topped off by a just-glad-to-be-here playoff appearance. The Lakers are notorious for having down games against less than stellar teams. If they would have tried, the Nuggets would have been gone in four.

Presumably the Lakers tried in Game 7 and yet they still blew a 16-point lead in the third quarter, with the Nuggets going up 4 with about 8 minutes left. Despite Gasol having a monster game and Gallinari getting completely shut down by Artest, they threatened to take it until the last 3-4 minutes or so. Karl's strategy of relentlessly doubling Kobe almost worked. In two years Ty Lawson is going to be a monster.

The Lakers have played the same seesaw game all season long. They can't hold a lead, can't play consistent, can't defend as a team, can't defend the pick and roll, can't make threes, they run a predictable offense, and basically just aren't very good this year. Not enough shooters and not enough bench. The worst teams in the NBA have given the Lakers a dogfight all season long. The Nuggets were no different. OKC in five or six.

Clips able to grind it out and headed to the second round, their fans are in full freak out mode. :cool:

I dunno.

Presumably the Lakers tried in Game 7 and yet they still blew a 16-point lead in the third quarter, with the Nuggets going up 4 with about 8 minutes left. Despite Gasol having a monster game and Gallinari getting completely shut down by Artest, they threatened to take it until the last 3-4 minutes or so. Karl's strategy of relentlessly doubling Kobe almost worked. In two years Ty Lawson is going to be a monster.

True, but you have to remember for the first six games they were playing one man short...and still beat the Nuggets.

OKC will run circles around Lakers. Watch out if OKC ever figures out how to hold a lead in the 4th quarter. :tophat:

Maybe.

But if Kobe gets hot, it may be a different story.

Edited by GoodSpeak

MWP should offer the fake handshake to Harden and clock him

I'd pay to see that one.

OKC killin the lakers

Eight days rest vs. one day rest.

OKC was fresh, LA was flat.

I think this series goes to six.

That is no excuse. Every team has the option of closing out their series early and getting extra rest. The Lakers failed to do that. And in a way, they had the advantage of being "sharp" but they weren't that either. So what else is new??? OKC is just a better team this year. :tophat:

I think you can be sure that The League has served notice on MWP that if he does anything like that again, he is finished being an NBA player.

:tophat:

Reminds me of the 1977 finals when Maurice Lucas shook hands with Darryl Dawkins before game three of their series - they'd had a set to in game two. Lucas later said it was a con to throw Dawkins off his game. It worked, as the Blazers took the next four games after being down 0-2.

I'm sure that BruceW remembers that.

Edited by paul secor