Unreleased Mingus

ElginThompson

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My feeling was that perhaps many Mingus fans might not be followers of Facebook. From the responses here, there seem to be people who are interested in this release who are not on Facebook. I could be wrong, but I could be right. Just threw it out there.

I agree with all that, just not that people who would bother frequenting a Mingus-specific Facebook page would be less likely to buy something than "we" would.

About the only place where I can find some people who aren't on Facebook, serious musicians included, is here. Thank god!

Bottom line for me - I think they're wrong if they don't do it both ways, download and physical copy. Farts old and young alike can then have it their way, and Mingus gets heard no matter what. That's the important thing.

I think a Facebook like is equivalent to when you're like, 11 or twelve and you ask the cutest girl in class "I like you, do you like me?" and she says "of course I do" and then you follow her around all day and she says that to everybody because she wants to be liked by everybody, not because she like everybody.

And a subscribe is like when you're 15 and go to everybody else's party so that when you have one of your own, everybody else will come to it, even the ones who throw shitty parties.

Having said that, there's a lot of serious musicians (and other people) who do Facebook pretty hardcore. I thnk it's a mistake to think that Facebook Peoples won't be serious about this product just because they're Facebook Peoples.

I'm under no illusion that very many of those 240K FB "fans" will purchase any new Mingus product - hell, the votes are still in the double digits - but "liking" a page does mean that its content shows up in your newsfeed (unless you specifically block it - and why would someone block a page that they specifically requested to follow?). If nothing else, a lot more people are hearing about this on FB than they are from, say, here or any other jazz board.

I sent an email expressing my point of view to the contact email address on the mingusmingusmingus.com website:

jazzworkshop@mingusmingusmingus.com

Yep. If you are not on FB, this is what I would suggest in terms of sending feedback.

I had a chance to chat with Sue at the Mingus HS Competition. Lovely, gracious woman. I only wish she had made this offering public before meeting her. I would have lobbied hard for the 6 CD Mosaic treatment in person.

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for your interest and support! If you are not a member of Facebook, we have included on our website a poll in which anyone can share their opinion.

Please click here to visit our poll

We love to hear from you!

Best,

All of us at Jazz Workshop

WELCOME! Thanks for the information, and please stay and post amongst us!

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for your interest and support! If you are not a member of Facebook, we have included on our website a poll in which anyone can share their opinion.

Please click here to visit our poll

We love to hear from you!

Best,

All of us at Jazz Workshop

WELCOME! Thanks for the information, and please stay and post amongst us!

As of right now

Digital Downloads: 66

4-CD set: 18

6-CD set: 84

F

Hmmm...on the one hand, that's 102 people who prefer a CD set instead of a digital download. On the other hand, that's an 84-84 tie as to who is and isn't likely to buy a 6 CD set.

4 CD set with a download certificate of the other 2 CDs worth of material?

Hmmmmmmm....