Unreleased Mingus

ElginThompson

Those DL certificates rarely work for me...

What I'd be most interested to know though: is "My Favorite Quintet", the LP itself, planned to be included?

Never, ever, saw that one around - it's one of the Mingus LPs I've never heard (I think the only official one besides the late Hampton date).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news that more Mingus will be released! :tup Voted for the physical product at the web site(no fbook for me either) and hoping for a Mosaic release. As I love vinyl the most, a release in that format would be great as well. :)

Edited by jostber

Never, ever, saw that one around - it's one of the Mingus LPs I've never heard (I think the only official one besides the late Hampton date).

Best way to find that one is on the French 'America' label LP release - which is how I got my copy. An original on the Charles Mingus label though would be a pretty mythical beast, I suspect.

Edited by sidewinder

Best way to find that one is on the French 'America' label LP release - which is how I got my copy. An original on the Charles Mingus label though would be a pretty mythical beast, I suspect.

I've once spotted one in Paris (but it wasn't for sale) :D

Will have to look for this in case it really won't be included (which, with all due respect, would be a silly call in my opinion).

Or look for Prestige P-24092 - Portrait, a 2LP that also includes Town Hall Concert and has liner notes by Jaki Byard.

891305.jpg

Or look for Prestige P-24092 - Portrait, a 2LP that also includes Town Hall Concert and has liner notes by Jaki Byard.

891305.jpg

Thanks, wasn't even awre of these reissues!

Here's the online poll page from www.mingusmingusmingus.com Encouraging, it's very different than the results on my facebook page. On facebook, digital downloads leads. I'm glad I mentioned in my email that FB results may not be the best indicator of the wishes of all Mingus fans.

http://test.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=4f5e2cece4b07459c19b4d83

Digital Downloads 6% (4)

4 CD box set for $68 9% (6)

6 CD box set (with additional music) for $102 84% (54)

Not facebook, the one in post #42!

Okay, I didn't check the link in post 42; I assumed it was the FB link.

Edited by jazzbo

And how many people will be surfing iTunes and say, "hey, new Mingus! CLICK!!!"

I'm just wondering what parallel polls tells you if you don't have controls in place to guard against multiple voting by the same user...where's the business sense?

Then again... :g

Whatever. I'm getting the most material available in whatever format in which it is issued. It's Mingus, and prime Mingus at that. SEnd it to me on flexi-disc if needed. :party:

As of right now

Digital Downloads: 66

4-CD set: 18

6-CD set: 84

F

Sorry to ask again but where do you see the results? (It's probably right in front of me on the FB page but I'm not seeing it>)

The poll is here (scroll down as necessary): http://www.facebook.com/charlesmingus

If you move your mouse over each option in the poll, you'll be able to see the results.

F

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...