Dave Holland

Head Man

It must nine months or so by now since Dave Holland cancelled a gig I was going to at Ronnie Scott's Club because of his wife's illness. Since then I've heard nothing.

Does anyone know what's happening? His website doesn't seem to have had anything posted to it since 2010 and I've not noticed any news of live gigs recently.

I'm hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

A couple of posters mentioned seeing him with the Overtone Quartet very recently (see the what live music are you seeing thread).

He was missing from that band at Cheltenham last May; 'family illness' was given as the reason. Hopefully things worked out.

Recent review here.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

A couple of posters mentioned seeing him with the Overtone Quartet very recently (see the what live music are you seeing thread).

He was missing from that band at Cheltenham last May; 'family illness' was given as the reason. Hopefully things worked out.

Recent review here.

Thanks, Bev. It's good to see he's started playing again. Now, I wonder when he's next coming over here!

He regularly posts on twitter and in fact is currently in the UK for a weeklong residency at Birmingham Conservatoire.

After which he is coming to Boston for a week's residency at New England Conservatory. Hopefully, there will be a concert of some kind at the school.

• 2 weeks later...

He regularly posts on twitter and in fact is currently in the UK for a weeklong residency at Birmingham Conservatoire.

After which he is coming to Boston for a week's residency at New England Conservatory. Hopefully, there will be a concert of some kind at the school.

The latter residency is March 26 - March 30.

http://www.daveholla...ency-2012-03-26