NFL 2012

Guess it's time to start this season's football thread, since 2011 is long over...

Alot of activity going on since the start of free agency yesterday!

Lions have re-signed Megatron to a ginormous $132M contract, largest ever for a WR.

Peyton Manning still on his tour of teams, having visited with Denver, Arizona, Miami (I think?) and now Tennessee. Be interesting to see where he ends up, and how effective he is once he's playing again.

The Colts meanwhile have dumped just about everyone of value on their team, making me wonder if Andrew Luck is even gonna want to play there in the first place, lol. I'm almost wondering if they won't surprise everyone on Draft Day and pick Robert Griffin III instead of Luck.

The Cowboys have signed a young CB away from KC, Brandon Carr, for 5 yrs, $50M. Seems like alot to me for someone that hasn't done that much yet, but I guess that's the going rate now. They also picked up Kyle Orton to back up Romo for the next 3 yrs.

What has your team done?

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean Payton suspended for 1 year. Gregg Williams suspended indefinitely. Mickey Loomis suspended half the year. Wow.

Oh, and Tim Tebow has apparently been traded to the NY Jets for a 4th round pick and a bag of chips. Double-wow.

I think that's not gonna help Mark Sanchez, with the Tebow worshippers rooting for him to start there.

No sympathy for Payton or any of the penalized Aints staff.

Interesting story re. uber-Christian Tebow being dealt to the Sodom of America...But it's a typical Jets move: go for the biggest possible press/PR impact.

Edited by T.D.

More dysfunction from a New York team. What a surprise!

Elway must be thanking his lucky stars for Manning getting him out from under the fan obsession with Tebow. Pretty much the only way he was going to sidestep the Tebow situation without criticism was by landing Manning.

Well played.

Note that Tebow and Sanchez were not that far apart in QB ratings. Note also that Sam Bradford had a lower quarterback rating than Tebow, for whatever that's worth.

Why trade for him if you're New York? Sanchez is pretty close to being a bust. Tebow will juice interest among fans and merchandise sales for the Jets while they go figure out Plan B on a long-term quarterback.

... Tim-sanity?

And who knows, maybe if Sanchez continues to struggle, Tebow might actually work in the Jets' run-oriented offense. Then it'll be heralded as a brilliant move.

So if you're the Jets, Tebow has limited downside, and the almost certain upside of generating buzz, along with the further upside that he might actually perform better than Sanchez in that offense. Sanchez hasn't set too high a bar, afterall.

No sympathy for Payton or any of the penalized Aints staff.

Interesting story re. uber-Christian Tebow being dealt to the Sodom of America...But it's a typical Jets move: go for the biggest possible press/PR impact.

Sodom of America? Pretty ig'nant remark if you ask me.

Rex Ryan and Tim Tebow in the same locker room? Be still my racing heart. I'd love to see the look on Young Tim's face the first time Ryan cuts loose with one of his epithet laden rants. He's going to need an industrial strength, weapons grade set of noise-cancelling headphones.

Edited by Dave James

Oh, and Tim Tebow has apparently been traded to the NY Jets for a 4th round pick and a bag of chips. Double-wow.

I think that's not gonna help Mark Sanchez, with the Tebow worshippers rooting for him to start there.

I was listening to sports talk radio for a few minutes tonight and there seems to be a snag in the deal. If so, the Jets should thank their lucky stars and back away from Tebow- he's a terrible QB whose only value to the Jets is in a wildcat formation, which should be passe pretty soon as defenses figure it out.

Payton deserves the suspension. That is one of the more despicable things I've come across in recent memory.

I have no pity for Williams, either.

Most definitely. However, the Coach is ultimately responsible for the conduct of his staff...and you KNOW he knew exactly what was going on.