NFL 2012

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/e...rnick-birth-mom

would communicating with your birth mother be disrespecting your legal mother????

No, I have a friend who does not want to meet his birth mother, yet he has met his birth sister and she has visited him and stayed at his house. (his birth mom/sister live overseas)

It was nice that his parents tried to keep contact thru letters and pics, open adoption is the way to go.

My wife and I adopted a baby boy 3 years ago, he just turned 4 and we have an agreement with the birth parents that they see him once a year......we thought it was best for our son

to know his birth parents. The first visit went well, but this past summer they did not show up , hopefully they will make it this summer !

Just bought a friend/49ers fan 2 drinks at the bar

He said he'd buy me 2 drinks when the Browns make it to SB

I got the short end of the stick

I know the NFL stripped the Ravens of the Browns history but no other team got that treatment. So claim the Ravens as the original Browns and make him buy you another 2 now. :rhappy:

all that browns history(plus they took some fine players) and 2 bucks will buy you a coors short draft in my town.

you've started your game day drinking early. :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: i haven't uncapped my first. i think it's time. :w :w :w

Beer at the Superdome for Sunday's Super Bowl is being sold for $12 a bottle - $14 if you want a can of Stella Artois.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

If the Niners can pull off a win with Greg Roman as their Offensive Coordinator, it will be a modern miracle. The guy is just strangling the Niner offense with running plays on passing downs.

And the DBs need to show up at some point in this game or all they will win is a flight back to SF.

GRRRR :angry:

How about that hold on the safety play at the end?

It was a good non-call. The refs had been letting that go all game. It would have looked bad if they decided to call it there. Plus, it looked liker the receiver pushed off with a hand to the defender's face/hemet.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

The Super Bowl was plainly fixed.

Only TWO penalties for the Ravens. Slaps to helmet, no-calls on holding, unsportsmanlike non-calls, flagrant foul in FRONT of the ref, several times in the game and it all began with that ticky-tack penalty in the 1st play of the 1st Quarter on the Niners.

I don't have a problem with losing so much as I have a problem with a pointless shielding penalty on the very first play from scrimmage which completely broke the momentum for the Niners. Sure the DBs and the OC Greg Roman messed things up, too. I can deal with that. But the refs wouldn't call anything on the Ravens from that penalty onward. The game was fixed from the first play.

Tell me that wasn't a CLEAR holding penalty in the end zone on the last Niners play. Go on...tell me.

Bottom line? I am DONE with the NFL. This is WWF for football fans and the Commissioner should be very ashamed...unless, of course, he's a part of the fix. I have watched my last NFL game. Screw these guys.

Edited by GoodSpeak

It was a good non-call. The refs had been letting that go all game. It would have looked bad if they decided to call it there. Plus, it looked liker the receiver pushed off with a hand to the defender's face/hemet.

Bullshit.

The refs never made an important call since that shielding garbage on the 1st play of the 1st quarter. Think of it: Only TWO penalties on the Ravens? Gimme a break. They didn't call squat on the Ravens after that. But they sure as hell focused on the Niners, didn't they. The game was fixed. Now I know why the refs were pissed about who and how the SB refs were chosen. I think it is pretty damn obvious by now.

Screw the NFL.

Edited by GoodSpeak

The Super Bowl was plainly fixed.

Only TWO penalties for the Ravens. Slaps to helmet, no-calls on holding, unsportsmanlike non-calls, flagrant foul in FRONT of the ref, several times in the game and it all began with that ticky-tack penalty in the 1st play of the 1st Quarter on the Niners.

I don't have a problem with losing so much as I have a problem with a pointless shielding penalty on the very first play from scrimmage which completely broke the momentum for the Niners. Sure the DBs and the OC Greg Roman messed things up, too. I can deal with that. But the refs wouldn't call anything on the Ravens from that penalty onward. The game was fixed from the first play.

Tell me that wasn't a CLEAR holding penalty in the end zone on the last Niners play. Go on...tell me.

Bottom line? I am DONE with the NFL. This is WWF for football fans and the Commissioner should be very ashamed...unless, of course, he's a part of the fix. I have watched my last NFL game. Screw these guys.

i had no dog in this fight, but the 9ers got by far the bad end of the officiating, although the lighting malfunction seemed to have helped the 9ers. according to the sf scanner, they are still shooting fireworks off in the city.

Bullshit.

If it was the other way around, you'd say the same thing? I sincerely doubt it.

It could have gone either way. My first reaction was that it was PI but after seeing the replay with Crabtree pushing off on the defender's helmet I think he was guilty as well. But in the context of the game where, as you noted in your previous post, the refs where letting A LOT of shit go it would have been bad if they had called PI there after all the shit they ignored all game. Not too mention they would have opened themselves up to the whole "fix is in" argument seeing how a SF TD would have let them Niners cover the spread.

Bullshit.

It could have gone either way. My first reaction was that it was PI but after seeing the replay with Crabtree pushing off on the defender's helmet I think he was guilty as well. But in the context of the game where, as you noted in your previous post, the refs where letting A LOT of shit go it would have been bad if they had called PI there after all the shit they ignored all game. Not too mention they would have opened themselves up to the whole "fix is in" argument seeing how a SF TD would have let them Niners cover the spread.

The guy grabbed his freakin' jersey and bear hugged him to the turf. Helmet? You have just GOT to be kidding me.

Then, with all due respect, you weren't watching the same Super Bowl I was. The "shit" they let go was ALWAYS Raven's shit. Watch the replays [assuming the NFL has the balls to release them]. It is OBVIOUS what was going on. If the refs were letting stuff go, tell me about that shielding penalty on the 1st play then.

This is not about covering the spread. It is about making sure a San Francisco team doesn't win and an East Coast team does. Win one for Lewis, the double-murder suspect. The refs were tampered with and even the referees acknowledge that because of the complaints as to who and how they got chosen.

The game was fixed.

Screw these guys.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Bullshit.

Then, with all due respect, you weren't watching the same Super Bowl I was. This is not about covering the spread. It is about making sure a San Francisco team doesn't win and an East Coast team does. Win one for Lewis, the double-murder suspect. The refs were tampered with and even the referees acknowledge that because of the complaints as to who and how they got chosen.

The game was fixed.

Screw these guys.

I know you're upset because your team just lost but to come on here and say that the game was fixed over and over again just makes you look silly. Take a step away from the keyboard. Relax. The Niners had a great season and they have a great shot at being back in the Super Bowl next year. Take comfort in that.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

Bullshit.

Then, with all due respect, you weren't watching the same Super Bowl I was. This is not about covering the spread. It is about making sure a San Francisco team doesn't win and an East Coast team does. Win one for Lewis, the double-murder suspect. The refs were tampered with and even the referees acknowledge that because of the complaints as to who and how they got chosen.

The game was fixed.

Screw these guys.

I know you're upset because your team just lost but to come on here and say that the game was fixed over and over again just makes you look silly. Take a step away from the keyboard. Relax. The Niners had a great season and they have a great shot at being back in the Super Bowl next year. Take comfort in that.

I can deal with a loss, it is after all just a game. I have already acknowledged the Niners didn't play their best.

What I cannot abide is blatant and obvious bias by the referees [hand picked in a way which other refs questioned] to purposely influence the outcome of a game. That, my friend, is unforgivable. It has been happening with regularity over the past decade throughout the NFL and I have had enough.

The NFL is no better than the WWF.

Bullshit.

The game was fixed.

Screw these guys.

I can deal with a loss, it is after all just a game. I have already acknowledged the Niners didn't play their best.

What I cannot abide is blatant and obvious bias by the referees [hand picked in a way which other refs questioned] to purposely influence the outcome of a game. That, my friend, is unforgivable. It has been happening with regularity over the past decade throughout the NFL and I have had enough.

The NFL is no better than the WWF.

Again, I know you're upset. So was my son, who roots for them. However, from what I heard, the criticism that I heard about other refs not being happy had more to do with union management issues than anything else. Moreover, the 49ers probably got a gift on that running into the kicker call. It just wasn't meant to be although they probably should have won. I just don't think the NFL were out to get them. It's also apparently the case that the SB gets called differently than a regular season game. To me that seems odd but unless it's a blatant penalty, they don't want a SB decided that way. Just the way it is.

Again, I can deal with the loss. The Niners played like crap.

But if I was making book, I'd give you the points for a Ravens win. Bookies made millions.

The refs know better. In th regular season that will ALWAYS be a holding/pass interference penalty. Why is it suddenly different in the SB. Otherwise, why have any rules at all? Somebody got to them. I have seen this before in other SBs where the Niners were not in it.

NFL=WWF

Edited by GoodSpeak