NFL 2012

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a punk.

A Terrell Owens lite.

Too many guys like this in the NFL makes it more difficult to watch. Unfortunately, Vegas is too powerful so pro football will always be popular. I wish the Jets could dump Santonio Holmes in the Hudson River!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dez Bryant = Idiot

Even bigger idiots are the local sports talk radio clowns...heard a nice bit yesterday about how was it mitigating that Bryant hit his momma with a baseball hat instead of his fist? Then on and on about how if he was really innocent, he'd not need time to get a "statement" together for the press, he'd just step up and say "Didn't do it, I swear!" and htat would settle that. Idiots. And vultures. I don't even like Bryant or the Cowboys. But these guys...between all the ads for divorce lawyers, testosterone supplements, and bankruptcy counselors and this innuendo-driven pseudo-journalisitc drivel, I felt like a Genuine Superior Human Being (not uncommon) and didn't feel the immediate - or even delayed - need to check myself lest I wreck myself (VERY uncommon).

Do we really need 24/7 sports talk radio? Especially the bug-eyed overactive thyroid type?

And by "we", I mean "me", and the answer is "hell no".

He's a punk.

A Terrell Owens lite.

Too many guys like this in the NFL makes it more difficult to watch.

Incorrect on all counts. Not only is #85 not a "punk" (he's totally harmless and has never been in trouble with the law), he's not even like Terrell Owens (whose egotism routinely bleeds over into his on-field play). Ochocinco makes watching the NFL FUN instead of some boring utopia where players aren't allowed to entertain the public in any ways other than those Roger Goodell likes.

Dez Bryant = Idiot

Even bigger idiots are the local sports talk radio clowns...heard a nice bit yesterday about how was it mitigating that Bryant hit his momma with a baseball hat instead of his fist? Then on and on about how if he was really innocent, he'd not need time to get a "statement" together for the press, he'd just step up and say "Didn't do it, I swear!" and htat would settle that. Idiots. And vultures. I don't even like Bryant or the Cowboys. But these guys...between all the ads for divorce lawyers, testosterone supplements, and bankruptcy counselors and this innuendo-driven pseudo-journalisitc drivel, I felt like a Genuine Superior Human Being (not uncommon) and didn't feel the immediate - or even delayed - need to check myself lest I wreck myself (VERY uncommon).

Do we really need 24/7 sports talk radio? Especially the bug-eyed overactive thyroid type?

And by "we", I mean "me", and the answer is "hell no".

I listen to sports talk radio sometimes in the car, like when WBGO plays stuff I've heard a million times and have no desire to hear again and WKCR is playing European classical. It's a nonstop BS fest, armchair psychoanalysis of the worst kind. The incessant drivel during the NBA finals about LBJ was just pathetic, like LBJ was diminished as a human being without a ring, etc.

Dez Bryant = Idiot

Goodell's not gonna like this, a guy hitting his mom. Mom is 37, Dez Bryant is 23!

Edited by PHILLYQ