BLINDFOLD TEST #5 - answers

couw

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

now i´m listening once again John's disc after reading all the answers

T01 - i´m familiar with the name not his work. the first thing that i can imagine is that i need to put my hands on the Jazz In Paris boxset!! i´m happy it´s from a movie.

T02- Max Roach Mosaic set is on my high priority list even if getting Mosaic sets will be much harder for me now :( another good reason to get the Jazz In Paris boxset.

T03-when i mentioned the percussion i thought about Candido but only as a guess. i´m expecting to receive the Elvin set real soon so i´ll be able to enjoy this and many other great stuff from this set. my bari knowledge is really short so Pepper was my first thought but i didn't recognized him.

T04-the name is not strange to me but i don't have a clue about this artist. is his work on the same level as this particular track? this is the most exciting thing on the BFT's for me, to be introduced to stuff i don't know.

T05-i do respect a lot Jim´s thoughts and musical knowledge and i´m kinda relieved to have not said anything negative about this one :rolleyes:

i can't believe i didn't recognized the song but i´m pleased to know that one of us is playing on a song compiled on a BFT!!

i don't play any instrument and don't have any decent musical knowledge but i do respect a lot any form of music or any musician who can play something. saying that and now knowing that Jim is there i would love to get this CD. Jim please tell me how should i proceed ;)

T06-Lucky Thompson is just a name on jazz history for me till now. i don't have any album from him and had never been exposed to his work. it didn't changed my life but it really swings!

T07-good to know that Au Privave is played on the beginning of the track since my Parker knowledge is not "that" big but i wouldn´t mind to have this one as it´s part of the Jazz In Paris series...this seems like a voice in my head now.."GO GET THE JAZZ IN PARIS BOXSET,GO GET THE JAZZ IN PARIS BOXSET" :g

T08-another jazz artist that i´m not familiar with and i´m happy that it´s Dewey Redman which was on my list of "artists to explore". now i have something to start!

T09-only know these cats by name once again but this is something that i should explore very quickly. my love for this one is still growing after each audition!!!

T10-a surprise for me. i´m ignorant on AEC work, sorry if this may offend someone.

T11-never heard about this in any form. not my cup of tea really...

T12-i've always wanted to get this album for me and i´m quite happy now i have a strong reason to do it. thanks John for encouraging me :)

T13-maybe one day i will find something for me on Dollar's work. i´m not surprised that it's him.

T14-i will get this one for sure as i´m collectioning the LPR series and i´m happy that this will be on my hands on a short future. really really nice!!

T15-i´m sad i couldn't think about Pepper on this one. i have the huge Galaxy set but never listened to it carefully. maybe it's time for me to do it...

John, thank you once again!!!!

Marcus Oliveira