Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sheldonm

Brotherhood of Fred

5 posts in this topic

Anyone making the "Brotherhood of Fred" show this coming Wednesday @ the Jazz Showcase in Chicago? This is the second installment of this event to honor the late, great Fred Anderson. Featuring Kidd Jordan, Tatsu Aoki, Ernest Dawkins, Ed Wilkerson, Mwata Bowden and several others. If you like your music a little left of center, this is the place to be Wednesday night.

http://www.jazzshowcase.com/shows/2012/brotherhood-fred-kidd-jordantatsu-aokis-miyumi-projectmwata-bowdenedward-wilkerson-amy-ha

I'll be up there at some point on Wednesday and will stay over until mid-day on Thursday. If anyone's in the area, stop in and say "hello"

Seems like a nice event. Funny, I don't remember Fred ever getting a gig at the Showcase.

When the original Velvet Lounge, on Indiana Avenue, closed a few years ago, Fred Anderson led weekly sets (advertised as fund-raisers, IIRC) at Joe Segal's Jazz Showcase on Grand Avenue throughout January and, I believe, February too. The new Velvet Lounge, on Cermak Road, opened later that year.

My bad.

I was thinking about when it mattered musically.

Edited by Chuck Nessa