get hep with pepsi

www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/20/drinks-idUSL1E8EK1P620120320

By Martinne Geller

March 20 (Reuters) - U.S. carbonated soft drink consumption fell faster last year as strength in energy drinks failed to offset weakness in traditional sodas from Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo Inc, according to a leading beverage industry newsletter.

Total sales volume of soda fell about 1 percent in 2011 to 9.27 billion cases, according to Beverage Digest, about the same level it was in 1996. Sales volume fell 0.5 percent in 2010.

Excluding energy drinks such as Red Bull and Rockstar, soda volume was down 1.5 percent last year, Beverage Digest said.

"Carbonated soft drinks, while still the biggest category, are playing a declining role in Americans' beverage consumption," the newsletter said on Tuesday.

Soda sales in the United States grew about 3 percent annually throughout most of the 1990s but began to slow in 1999. Sales have been in decline since 2005 as increasingly health-conscious consumers turn to options they see as healthier, such as bottled water, juice and tea.

I remember Pepsi Light. It takes me back to the late 70's. One of the first soft drinks I drank as a kid was Tab. My mom used to buy that stuff. I bought a can of Tab a few years back and it took me right back to my childhood. I didn't buy any more of the stuff, it wasn't very good. At least it was better than the Shasta cola my parents bought when I was little. lol

Mostest favorite soft-drink ever.

pepsi+light.jpg

This almost made me a Coke guy. And when you realize that I was weaned on Pepsi (one of the first words I learned to say was "Pesi") you realize what a strong statement that is.

But, at least it wasn't Crystal Pepsi. UGH!

Just gimme the regular caffeinated hcfcfied goop that I've been pouring into my system on a daily basis for the better part of 42 years. :party: :party: :party:

BTW aloc, I strongly suspect you and I should be related! :lol: