$10 Amazon gift card for $5

In this economy, it's difficult to argue against savings of any kind. But with a limit of 1 gift card per household, this is hardly worth the energy it takes to click all the appropriate buttons to order it! I was thinking I'd order 10 or so, and come out with a nice $50 savings. No such luck.

Edited by JETman

If your username/password/payment info is saved in your account it takes about 20 seconds to complete an order.

Yeah, it was soooooooooooooo hard. I'm icing my index finger right now. There was far less risk to one's health (mental or back) doing this than reaching down for a quarter on the sidewalk. I was a tad slower and though I could only bill for 30 seconds I like making $600 an hour. :P

Actually I think I may be getting screwed out of this ... I submitted my payment info right when I saw this yesterday, got to the screen that said it might take a few hours to get the confirmation email. No confirmation email yet, no gift card balance on Amazon.com, and when I go to the Local. website, it says "no vouchers". Maybe there system is that far behind but they are like 12 hours late with the confirmation email.

I may need to check American Express to see if the payment went through. If it did you can bet I am going to get my $10 credit.

Actually I think I may be getting screwed out of this ... I submitted my payment info right when I saw this yesterday, got to the screen that said it might take a few hours to get the confirmation email. No confirmation email yet, no gift card balance on Amazon.com, and when I go to the Local. website, it says "no vouchers". Maybe there system is that far behind but they are like 12 hours late with the confirmation email.

I may need to check American Express to see if the payment went through. If it did you can bet I am going to get my $10 credit.

I haven't received a confirmation e-mail either.

These type of offers tend to overload the outfits that give them, so it can sometimes take a full day to get the confirmation. I got mine just an hour ago. As far as being concerned about being put on mailing lists, I figure I'm already on the majority of them that they're selling to. Plus you can unsub, and nowadays unsub actually does what it's supposed to. But as the email address I gave them is for shopping transactions, I'll probably stay subscribed.