Russian Orchestra to play RVW at RFH

• 3 years later...
22 hours ago, David Ayers said:

It's a whole other world!

Gennadi worked UK often but I'm thrilled that integrale exists, long thinking RVW of all English symphonists could / should travel best. (Elgar and Walton also but with just two each & they largely consonant with dominant trends etc...) Much as I like some Bax, I'm not sure his symponies his best or worth a lot of international advocacy. His piano music, however-- and thanks to Michael Endres on Oehms--

http://arnoldbax.com/michael-endres-records-the-bax-piano-sonatas-on-oehms-classics-review-by-christopher-webber/

(No clips on youtube?)

Endres' enterprise of course also highlights how pathetic the careers of Perahia, Uchida etc-- all the international megacorps dullards who-- with all the goddamn resources in the world-- will die without having proffered a single note of invidual distinction.

Did just find this however, whoa! More Russian RVW--

And in Spain also--

The Mariinsky play in the Tony Palmer RVW film, and he does feature on their programme from time to time, I've noticed.  I haven't heard a Russian conductor do any RVW here, but Jurowski has done some, I do know. Seems likely that Rozdhestvensky is the only one to do a whole cycle in Russia - it's remarkable.